The Student Room Group

How Important Is Tasting Foreign Food When You Travel?

Poll

Out Of 10, How Important Is Trying Local Food On Your Travels?

Hey Guys;

Was just watching a video and it got me thinking, how important is tasting foreign food when you travel abroad to you as opposed to having foods you are comfortable and know well?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Was just watching a video and it got me thinking, how important is tasting foreign food when you travel abroad to you as opposed to having foods you are comfortable and know well?

Depends on what your goal in travelling is. If you're travelling on business then it's probably neither here nor there (and if you have to do a big presentation or something there is probably something to be said for eating food that you know how it may affect you and your body...).

If you're travelling for the sake of experiencing other cultures and places then it does seem a little besides the point to not at least try local food, unless it's something you have allergies to or similar.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

It's a 10 from me (although the fermented shark in Iceland was a step too far).
7. I like to try something new. If it is a cuisine I am craving for, it rises up to 8 or 10. But at least 7!
Reply 4
nothing about a holiday is really "important", it's supposed to be enjoyed. I personally would always want to try some local feed and drink, others might not and I'd totally get that.
Reply 5
Travelling is about widening horizons imo, so a 10 from me. That being said I’ve been ill a fair few times, but mainly from the hotel food as opposed to street vendors etc!

Quick Reply

Latest