The Student Room Group

Have my first shift at Iceland on Tuesday but I haven't been told anything

Hi! I'm starting my first day at Iceland (which will be my first time working ever) on Tuesday. I've found this out by looking at the website Iceland uses for online training and for showing you your hours and stuff. All I know is that I'm working a 12-8pm shift, and judging by the fact it says 'checkout', I'll be working on the checkout.

That said, no one's actually been in touch with me, so I have no idea what I'm meant to do on my first day when I arrive. I know I'm meant to have a store walk on my first day, and an induction video said I'm meant to contact my manager to arrange this, but I have no idea where to find my manager's contact details or if I do actually have to contact them.

Additionally, I haven't got a uniform and since I've never had a job I have no idea when/how I'm meant to get my uniform, or how they'll know my size, or anything like that. So, am I meant to show up in my own clothes (by that I mean the parts of the uniform I'm probably supposed to get for myself, like trousers and shoes) and then get changed in-store? Do I need to come in earlier than the time listed for the start of my shift?

I also have no idea where I'm meant to go when I come in. I'm not sure if I'm just meant to know this or if someone's neglected to tell me.

Am I being thick? I'm not sure who to contact, if anyone, to get my questions answered.
Reply 1
how did it go? i have applied to Iceland but it seems like people give it bad reviews. also what's the pay like? they dont really say much except give a range.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending