The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE law emails

Hi, I'm applied for LSE, Oxford, Durham, Bristol and KCL. Was wondering if any of you have gotten the email saying that they'll now be comparing you to the rest of the applicants?

I've gotten the initial assessment email (on Monday), but so far, nothing else. However, a friend of mine who applied for PPE in LSE has gotten the '8 week email' already.

So was just wondering if any of you have gotten it?

Scroll to see replies

I got the 8 week email on Monday 16th
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I am sorry but what is the 8 week email?
Original post by AdvocateDevereux
I am sorry but what is the 8 week email?

You receive the 8-week email once you've passed the initial assessment. The initial assessment checks that your grades and personal statement are a high enough standard for LSE (most people pass this stage). Then you get put into the 8-week further assessment where your grades and statement are compared to other candidates, on this basis you are then given an offer/rejection.
Original post by ku.mamon
Hi, I'm applied for LSE, Oxford, Durham, Bristol and KCL. Was wondering if any of you have gotten the email saying that they'll now be comparing you to the rest of the applicants?

I've gotten the initial assessment email (on Monday), but so far, nothing else. However, a friend of mine who applied for PPE in LSE has gotten the '8 week email' already.

So was just wondering if any of you have gotten it?

You can be in the initial assessment for up to 2 weeks. LSE usually updates you on a Monday, so either this Monday or next you will know. It's very unlikely you won't pass the initial assessment anyway.
Original post by GovernmentEarner
You receive the 8-week email once you've passed the initial assessment. The initial assessment checks that your grades and personal statement are a high enough standard for LSE (most people pass this stage). Then you get put into the 8-week further assessment where your grades and statement are compared to other candidates, on this basis you are then given an offer/rejection.

Okay. Thank you! I sent my application on the 15th and still no news except for the acknowledgement. Should I be worried??
Okay. Thank you! I sent my application on the 15th and still no news except for the acknowledgement. Should I be worried??

LSE updates your applications on a Monday and gives out offers/rejections on Thursday or Friday. So you'll probably hear this Monday.

No you should not be worried for a further two weeks
Original post by GovernmentEarner
LSE updates your applications on a Monday and gives out offers/rejections on Thursday or Friday. So you'll probably hear this Monday.

Thanks! How long did it take for you to receive it?!
Original post by Ex-pert
No you should not be worried for a further two weeks

Oh. Alright. But their website says 2-3 weeks so I guess i just have a couple of days to not worry.
Also, I had a doubt. A lot of people have already received the initial assessment email. Is this a sign that they may not be considering me for further assessment or is there any order in which they consider??
Oh. Alright. But their website says 2-3 weeks so I guess i just have a couple of days to not worry.
Also, I had a doubt. A lot of people have already received the initial assessment email. Is this a sign that they may not be considering me for further assessment or is there any order in which they consider??

They looking at thousands of applications
They can't possibly look at them all at once
Reply 11
Should I be worried? I applied on the 6th and haven't had the 8 week email yet.
Original post by lonyeka
Should I be worried? I applied on the 6th and haven't had the 8 week email yet.

What are your grades? (GCSE+A-level)
Reply 13
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
What are your grades? (GCSE+A-level)

GCSEs: 2A*s 7As 3Bs
AS: AAB
A2 Predictions: A*AA
Original post by Ex-pert
They looking at thousands of applications
They can't possibly look at them all at once

Haha. You're right! Have you received yours?
Original post by lonyeka
GCSEs: 2A*s 7As 3Bs
AS: AAB
A2 Predictions: A*AA

Might be that they have a lot of people with A*AA predictions (minimum for the course) applying so may take you longer. I applied on 27th Sept, got the initial assessment on 3rd and further assessment on 6th with achieved A*A*A grades but it also may be because that I submitted my application a lot earlier so maybe there were less applications to look at
Haha. You're right! Have you received yours?

no
Thanks! How long did it take for you to receive it?!

10 days
Reply 18
I applied on the 10th and still haven't gotten the initial assessment email for law, though I did get one for politicsDo they send out further consideration emails directly?
I applied on the 10th and got nothing so far :frown:
My predicted was 42/45 with 766 at HL for the IB
The requirement for the course was 38 with 766 at HL
Should I be worried right now about not receiving anything other than the acknowledgement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending