The Student Room Group

Stranger Things Season 2 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

It was good, but not amazing. Too much hype. Least its netflix so it can be binged.
Original post by Ze Witcher
Everyone forgets about Barbara..

:emo:

barb never forget.jpg
Reply 22
Original post by Changing Skies

stranger-things-2sbad-trailer-breakdown-banner.jpg

On Friday the 27th of October 2017, the world is turning...
uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩

Calling all Stranger Things fans! :woo: If you're a really big Stranger Things fan like I am, you'll have been anticipating the release of season 2 ever since you binge watched the first season on Netflix, and became encapsulated by the crazy, eerie world seen in the perhaps unfortunate fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. This is such a refreshing, exciting series, so I think it is clear as to why it has fascintated fans of all ages across the world, and captured our imaginations. From the comical 80s features seen throughout, to the more spooky supernatural elements, it really brings together some really enticing and interesting ideas.

So, we thought it would be great to create a thread where we can all chat about anything Stranger Things, particularly the new season :biggrin: Have a good theory or idea about something? Let us know! Want to join us in the countdown to what should be an amazing second seaon? You're in the right place! Here we can all discuss the second season as we watch it, sharing ideas and opinions, and having a general chit chat about it.

For anyone who hasn't really heard of the series but is perhaps interested in giving it a go, here's a little background from Wikipedia:

"This thrilling Netflix original drama stars Golden Globe-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl."

There is still time for you to catch up over the next few days so you can watch the second season alongside us and get involved with this discussion! If you have any spare time away from your studies/work (because, kids, studying is obviously important :wink:), or you want a break from all of that effort you have been putting in, have a watch! It's half term, you deserve a treat :teehee: it's a great way to get into the halloween spirit :jacko: and I'd definitely recommend you at least give it a try!

So, are you ready for season 2? Are you prepared for the unknown? :colone:

What was your favourite thing about this season?

Do you have a favourite character? Did this change from season 1?

Which episode was your favourite?

Where can you see the story going/ending?

Feel free to answer these questions once you've watched the season! :smile:

1. Everything! The scenery and the setting-LOVED it.
2.My fave character was prob Nancy, Barb and Dustin. He was SO funny and adorable.
3.The episode when they figured this "monster" was a "monster". I'd never have guessed! Also the knowledge of The Upside Down.
4.S1 E8, Elevel actually went WITH the monster, hopefully, she'll come back.
REALLY SO CLUELESS on what will happen NEXT on S2
wow I didn't even think about that. I think that would give them such a great dynamic in the new season. It looks like they already have some sort of good relationship by him leaving eggos behind in the woods. Still a bit confused by that..

Original post by PilboBaggins
There are so many good Stranger Things theories...:smile: I do feel like we'd have seen more recognition from Hopper is Eleven was his daughter though. The theory of his daughter being in the same programme is interesting though.
Original post by castielhowlter
wow I didn't even think about that. I think that would give them such a great dynamic in the new season. It looks like they already have some sort of good relationship by him leaving eggos behind in the woods. Still a bit confused by that..

Yeah, me too! I'm really looking forward to getting some answers - when I watched the trailer I just felt like I had more questions! :h:
I can't remember much of the last season so I'll have to rewatch it :ashamed2:
Original post by 999tigger
It was good, but not amazing. Too much hype. Least its netflix so it can be binged.

This is true. I will probably end up binge-watching the entirety of it this weekend. :argh:
Original post by Black Rose
I can't remember much of the last season so I'll have to rewatch it :ashamed2:

I started re-watching it and tried to get ahead before S2 on Friday... but I don't think I'll be able to now. I'm about half way through :frown:
Original post by Fox Corner
You definitely should! What other TV shows do you like? If you're interested in Sci-fi-y, sort of horror-y stuff then you'll definitely enjoy it.

I watch a lot of DC shows.. also I'm a fan of The Walking Dead so there's that.. loving Lucifer too so I'll try and watch it sometime.
Reply 29
i hated season 1, its such a boring show
stranger thing is an overrated piece of **** tv show. You all should stop telling the child actors that they're doing a good job, because they're bad actors. especially that bold boy who turned out to be an ugly girl. the storyline is boring. of course this is just my opinion.
barb.jpg :frown:
Original post by PilboBaggins
Dustin is my favourite - he just makes me laugh!

Yeah, same! He's a great character. Hoping for a bit more focus for him in season 2 :biggrin:
I'm so excited for season 2 I loved everything about season 1 :h: Also, Season 2 is now certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes :biggrin:
Original post by Changing Skies

stranger-things-2sbad-trailer-breakdown-banner.jpg

On Friday the 27th of October 2017, the world is turning...
uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩

Calling all Stranger Things fans! :woo: If you're a really big Stranger Things fan like I am, you'll have been anticipating the release of season 2 ever since you binge watched the first season on Netflix, and became encapsulated by the crazy, eerie world seen in the perhaps unfortunate fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana. This is such a refreshing, exciting series, so I think it is clear as to why it has fascintated fans of all ages across the world, and captured our imaginations. From the comical 80s features seen throughout, to the more spooky supernatural elements, it really brings together some really enticing and interesting ideas.

So, we thought it would be great to create a thread where we can all chat about anything Stranger Things, particularly the new season :biggrin: Have a good theory or idea about something? Let us know! Want to join us in the countdown to what should be an amazing second seaon? You're in the right place! Here we can all discuss the second season as we watch it, sharing ideas and opinions, and having a general chit chat about it.

For anyone who hasn't really heard of the series but is perhaps interested in giving it a go, here's a little background from Wikipedia:

"This thrilling Netflix original drama stars Golden Globe-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl."

There is still time for you to catch up over the next few days so you can watch the second season alongside us and get involved with this discussion! If you have any spare time away from your studies/work (because, kids, studying is obviously important :wink:), or you want a break from all of that effort you have been putting in, have a watch! It's half term, you deserve a treat :teehee: it's a great way to get into the halloween spirit :jacko: and I'd definitely recommend you at least give it a try!

So, are you ready for season 2? Are you prepared for the unknown? :colone:

What was your favourite thing about this season?

Do you have a favourite character? Did this change from season 1?

Which episode was your favourite?

Where can you see the story going/ending?

Feel free to answer these questions once you've watched the season! :smile:

Is it bad I haven't watched Season 1? :redface:
im gassin, proper want to see it rn
Original post by XxxvatxxX
Is it bad I haven't watched Season 1? :redface:

No of course not! You should definitely have a watch though as there aren't many episodes to catch up on and it's so good! :biggrin:
Ended up binge-watching the first season today, and I wasn't disappointed :biggrin:
Soooooooo EXCITED!
Original post by sivthasan
Ended up binge-watching the first season today, and I wasn't disappointed :biggrin:

Awesome - glad you enjoyed it! So many questions to be answered in S2... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest