The Student Room Group

Advice about changing style

I've been thinking about changing up my style for a while now but I don't really know what to change it to. For the record, I kind of look like a cross between Dafne Keen and Eleven from Season 2 Stranger Things (but with worse hair - my hair looks sort of like Chris Hemsworth's medium length hair, but much shorter). Naturally, my hair is wavy but at the moment it's so short you can't tell. I would rather not have hair longer than my shoulder, does anyone have any suggestions? For clothing I really like Mabel Mora's style from Only Murders in the Building. At the moment I mainly wear hoodies and leggings. I would be grateful for any advice
Original post by A2324
I've been thinking about changing up my style for a while now but I don't really know what to change it to. For the record, I kind of look like a cross between Dafne Keen and Eleven from Season 2 Stranger Things (but with worse hair - my hair looks sort of like Chris Hemsworth's medium length hair, but much shorter). Naturally, my hair is wavy but at the moment it's so short you can't tell. I would rather not have hair longer than my shoulder, does anyone have any suggestions? For clothing I really like Mabel Mora's style from Only Murders in the Building. At the moment I mainly wear hoodies and leggings. I would be grateful for any advice

Firstly, let's address your hair. Based on your description, it seems like a pixie cut with waves could be a great option. It's low-maintenance, will give your natural waves a chance to shine, and definitely won't go beyond your shoulders. This would accentuate your features while keeping things manageable.

Now, transitioning from hoodies and leggings to a style similar to Mabel Mora's from "Only Murders in the Building" could involve a few steps:

High-waisted jeans: Mabel's style often includes high-waisted jeans which give a very flattering look. Pair these with some simple t-shirts or vintage patterned blouses for a casual yet stylish outfit.

Oversized sweaters: Oversized sweaters or cardigans are a great way to transition from hoodies. They provide comfort and style. Pair them with jeans or even a mini skirt or shorts for a fun look.

Layering and patterns: Mabel Mora's style is characterized by her layering techniques and her love for patterns. You could start by incorporating patterned clothing items into your wardrobe and gradually move towards layering.

Accessories: Never underestimate the power of accessories. Even a simple outfit can be elevated with the right accessories. Consider adding pieces like bold earrings, layered necklaces, or trendy boots to your style.

Comfortable but stylish trousers: Instead of leggings, you could opt for loose-fit trousers. These are comfortable like leggings but also add an element of chicness to your look.

Remember, the most important thing about fashion and style is that it should reflect your personality and make you feel comfortable and confident. Take these suggestions and tweak them as you see fit. Experiment, find what feels like "you", and have fun with it.

Apologies for such a long answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest