The Student Room Group

My ex waited for me to end things

In September, I broke up with my ex but the thing is, he was planning to break up with me if I hadn't. For months he had started distancing himself from me and as naive and gullible as I was to believe he was falling out of love with me, I ignored what he was doing. Part of me was also in denial that he wanted to end things. I came into terms more with it during exams season but I didnt want to end things then as to avoid extra stress, and also I had a family holiday planned in August which I didnt want to spend the whole month being sad over a relationship about, so thats why it dragged out so much.
We ended things on 'good' terms and decided to keep contact. Then, apparently I had blocked him on social media which I never even knew happened (either I had done it myself when I was sad af or my friends did) but I didnt find out until the day I moved to uni. Before this, we were talking like normal friends but after I had added him back, he was treating me like a total stranger. I know its probably best to go no-contact so I asked whether he wants to stay friends and he said yes but like our relationship, ig hes just faking it. During the breakup convo, I never managed to ask questions, mainly because I didnt want to cry in a park (yes he decided we should do end it in a park), so I never really clarified why he fell out of love, its maybe why I want to stay in contact so that I can ask those questions one day.
He definitely wasn't the best guy, and he didn't even try to give the bare minimum but part of me misses what we had since we were each others firsts for almost 2 years.
I can't help but get jealous at the thought he's hanging out with other girls really closely at his own uni, or left out that I'm no longer considered part of his life, or upset that I might be the only one out of the 2 of us who feels like this.
Its been about 2.5 months now and tbh because it dragged out sm at the beginning of the year, I hardly felt anything a few weeks after we ended but its different now and I feel like he left me yesterday (even though I ended things)
I'm 'talking' to a guy who helped me through the breakup after but i feel bad that I'm still not over my ex

I kinda need people to knock some sense into me and offer advice on how to fully get over him
This takes time, give it a few months. I would say after 6 months, see how you're feeling. You mentioned that you broke up in September, its not been too long.
Focus on fulfilling your own needs too. Look after yourself, do things that make you happy.
Give yourself time and space to grieve for the loss you experienced, and then time to heal afterwards.

You're strong and you'll get through it, I know it.
Reply 3
At least you were the proactive one that knocked it on the head, down the line this is good for self esteem. Typically there is no future in the past and new and better love does come.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending