The Student Room Group

How and when to start properly revising for gcses?

When should I start to crack on with my revision? How should I start? I’m in year 11.
Thanks.
[QUOTE="Ioneg;74275904"]When should I start to crack on with my revision? How should I start? I’m in year 11.
Thanks.[/When I was in year 11, I started in November, only like 1 hour every night including revision clubs. I really started with revision at the end of January. I was probably doing a couple hours every night, with some nights working to the late hours. When I got to may and June I was getting up at 5.00 every morning revising and staying up until 11
Original post by Ioneg
When should I start to crack on with my revision? How should I start? I’m in year 11.
Thanks.

When I was in year 11, I started in November, only like 1 hour every night including revision clubs. I really started with revision at the end of January. I was probably doing a couple hours every night, with some nights working to the late hours. When I got to may and June I was getting up at 5.00 every morning revising and staying up until 11 revising. That may have been too much but it worked for me.
Reply 3
asap
Reply 5
Original post by Twinkybobs
When I was in year 11, I started in November, only like 1 hour every night including revision clubs. I really started with revision at the end of January. I was probably doing a couple hours every night, with some nights working to the late hours. When I got to may and June I was getting up at 5.00 every morning revising and staying up until 11 revising. That may have been too much but it worked for me.

Okay, that’s useful. Thank you. I’m going to start after half term I think!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by cactuss
asap

definitely!
You should've started in year 7
Reply 8
Original post by JimTalent

Well I didn’t start my gcse courses until year 9/10…
Original post by Ioneg
Well I didn’t start my gcse courses until year 9/10…

I was joking.

Year 4 *
Reply 11
I was joking.

As was I.
I had my mocks after christmas so revised over christmas for them, then had a break from revision until February half term just to re-energise, then in February I started revising properly, then kicked it up a notch at Easter. Hope this is useful :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Rose_Aria
I had my mocks after christmas so revised over christmas for them, then had a break from revision until February half term just to re-energise, then in February I started revising properly, then kicked it up a notch at Easter. Hope this is useful :smile:

This is really useful thanks! It’s gives me more of an idea of times etc. :smile: x
well personally I started revising a month before HOWEVER I did go to after school classes every single day from January all the way to June for the subjects I was struggling in. So go to after school classes at the start of the year, or even now if you can. And revise when you think the time is right
Reply 15
Original post by liddylou10
well personally I started revising a month before HOWEVER I did go to after school classes every single day from January all the way to June for the subjects I was struggling in. So go to after school classes at the start of the year, or even now if you can. And revise when you think the time is right

Okay, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest