The Student Room Group

Revision Timetable

How do I create a good and effective revision timetable? I've tried websites but they do not work for me.
Also how many hours of revision should i be doing per subject per month??

Thanks x
Original post by tash.herriott
How do I create a good and effective revision timetable? I've tried websites but they do not work for me.

Thanks x

Make a plan.

All the tasks you have to do. Break it down and list them per subject

Then work out how many spare hours you will need and start counting backwards from your exam dates or a few weeks before.

Work out how many free hours you have to revise.

Then its a case of just allocating and organising tasks, so by the time you get to exams you have completed them all.

So that means:

You need to understand what the tasks are and how long they might take.
How you can make time during the week.
Mess about till it fits.

Its also no good if you dont stick to it.
It need to have blank slots in to allow for flexibility.

Try treating it like a series of smaller plans at monthly, bi monthly and tru monthly targets where you need to have completed x% of tasks.

Get a big piece of paper or a year planner and start identifying key dates and targets. If you have a good plan then it gives you a much better idea f what you have to do. Being organised will make you more effective. Dont micromanage, but do put in the effort. Also allow time for rests and emergencies.
Reply 2
Original post by tash.herriott

Thanks x

What are you studying? (GCSEs, a levels Uni...)
Original post by bzm1999
What are you studying? (GCSEs, a levels Uni...)

GCSEs
Original post by 999tigger
Make a plan.

All the tasks you have to do. Break it down and list them per subject

Then work out how many spare hours you will need and start counting backwards from your exam dates or a few weeks before.

Work out how many free hours you have to revise.

Then its a case of just allocating and organising tasks, so by the time you get to exams you have completed them all.

So that means:

You need to understand what the tasks are and how long they might take.
How you can make time during the week.
Mess about till it fits.

Its also no good if you dont stick to it.
It need to have blank slots in to allow for flexibility.

Try treating it like a series of smaller plans at monthly, bi monthly and tru monthly targets where you need to have completed x% of tasks.

Get a big piece of paper or a year planner and start identifying key dates and targets. If you have a good plan then it gives you a much better idea f what you have to do. Being organised will make you more effective. Dont micromanage, but do put in the effort. Also allow time for rests and emergencies.

Ok. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest