The Student Room Group

revison

are revison timetables/study planner effective for gsces?
Original post by l3yy
are revison timetables/study planner effective for gsces?

generally yes. Having a timetable helps you balance revision with everything else in your life so that you're not doing too little/too much.
It also ensures that you use your time effectively and that you don't go off on a tangent. And it'll help you cover all the subjects that you're doing instead of always focusing on the ones you like, and overall your revision will be more structured.
If you want to make an effective timetable you can watch videos in YouTube and find out what works for you and what doesn't. But if you make one remember to reflect on it at the end of the week to make changes if necessary. Don't try to stick to a timetable that you're not able to follow
I would recommend that if you're just starting out and have trouble focusing like me, spend a few days/weeks on each subject to figure out how you revise best, what you need a lot of brainpower for, is this effective for me etc.

And then in the last few weeks, either stick to a revision timetable (with revision tasks not just the subjects) or make a study tracker where you make a list of all your topics and complete them making sure to track your progress

Everyone's different so it depends on how well you focus and whether you know exactly how you're gonna revise but I'm in Y9 so don't quote me

Quick Reply

Latest