The Student Room Group

creating a revision/study timetable for A Level (year 13)

hello guys, i desperately need some advice on the best ways to create a revision/study timetable. i understand that everybody's days are different and obviously we won't all have the same timetable - but i guess i'm asking how many hours a week should you revise and also how to create a timetable that you will actually stick to! i hope that makes sense - thanks <3!
Hello! Obviously revision is different for each individual but I'll try to help as best as I can. Our school recommended around 30 extra hours a week by exam season so work up to something like that! Then try to figure out what time works best for you, straight after school, in the morning, after your clubs etc?. I tended to stay at school for a couple of hours to get some stuff done because I was in the mood. The main thing at the start is staying on top of work and whatever coursework you may have. Beyond that it's down to you how you organise your time but focus on things that will help with recall - for me mind maps poster and flashcards work better than just reading and highlighting but it depends on the subject. Good luck and I'll try to answer any other questions!
Original post by Elizabeth.lea
Hello! Obviously revision is different for each individual but I'll try to help as best as I can. Our school recommended around 30 extra hours a week by exam season so work up to something like that! Then try to figure out what time works best for you, straight after school, in the morning, after your clubs etc?. I tended to stay at school for a couple of hours to get some stuff done because I was in the mood. The main thing at the start is staying on top of work and whatever coursework you may have. Beyond that it's down to you how you organise your time but focus on things that will help with recall - for me mind maps poster and flashcards work better than just reading and highlighting but it depends on the subject. Good luck and I'll try to answer any other questions!

thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest