The Student Room Group

Work Experience for a future in science?

I am an A Level student and my school is offering us a week off for work experience. If I want to do a biology degree in Uni and want to eventually have a career in science, what is the best place for me to do work experience? My initial thought was a hospital but I don't want to do medicine so I don't know if that would be the most beneficial choice :/
Original post by dominikam
I am an A Level student and my school is offering us a week off for work experience. If I want to do a biology degree in Uni and want to eventually have a career in science, what is the best place for me to do work experience? My initial thought was a hospital but I don't want to do medicine so I don't know if that would be the most beneficial choice :/

Are there any research labs anywhere near you? Failing that then perhaps your local environment agency office or ecology team at your local council- I appreciate that you may not be interested in ecology or whole organism biology but any experience is better than none!
Or if you happen to know any PhD students doing something in science you could ask if they need a hand?

Quick Reply

Latest