The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zoemaddison
I've applied to Cambridge, Surrey, Edinburgh and Liverpool. I've completed all of the questionnaires and now I'm waiting to hear back from them. I completely messed up on the 2nd section of the NSAA so I don't expect an interview from Cambridge :frown:. How do Cambridge receive the results for the NSAA?
Has anyone got interviews from Surrey, Edinburgh or Liverpool? Or know when we might hear from them? :smile:

Liverpool tend to try and interview quite early. When I had my interview it was late November and then had my offer by Christmas.

Hope that helps!
I've applied to Cambridge, Surrey, Edinburgh and Liverpool. I've completed all of the questionnaires and now I'm waiting to hear back from them. I completely messed up on the 2nd section of the NSAA so I don't expect an interview from Cambridge :frown:. How do Cambridge receive the results for the NSAA?
Has anyone got interviews from Surrey, Edinburgh or Liverpool? Or know when we might hear from them? :smile:

Surrey say they are interviewing from 25 November 2017 to 12 January 2018, so some may hear from them relatively soon I would assume :smile:
I think RVC interview Dec, so should be hearing from them soon.
Original post by VictiniCup
I think RVC interview Dec, so should be hearing from them soon.

RVC told me on the 10th October that I would hear within 4-6 weeks so should be hearing this month.
(edited 6 years ago)
The waiting is the worst part! :unimpressed: Im a gap year applicant working full time and I sent my application off on the 6th of September (day it opened ikr im so eager :biggrin:) and completed my Liverpool WEQ 13th September, Bristol WEPAPA 29th September, Surrey WEQ 19th October and Nottingham WEQ 20th October. And I'm still waiting to hear, I know I must be so impatient but its scary being a second time applicant especially because Nottingham say they don't accept re-applications from people who have already been interviewed once before, but I thought I'd risk it any way because I'm reckless like that!:colondollar:
I'd like to ask how much weight people think is given towards GCSEs, I have all A's and one B which was in Biology, but i got A*AA at a-level in Maths, Biology and chemistry respectively. I spoke to surrey as they are the only vet school I've applied to that stipulate an A in Biology at GCSE but they said i should still apply to them as my A-levels are suitable. I know bristol say 20% is given to GCSEs, but I'm getting a bit paranoid that my GCSE's will hold me back. Anyone have and thoughts or advice for me. Hopefully we'll all be hearing from unis soon and the horrible wait will be over at least for interviews lol!

Which subject did you do for section 2 in the NSAA? I didn't do very well on both my section 1 and 2 :frown:
when i pressed next on the page of the bristol questionnaire where it asked for details of husbandry work exp it took me back to the first page

is it supposed to do that???????? or did i just lose everything
Original post by redonks
when i pressed next on the page of the bristol questionnaire where it asked for details of husbandry work exp it took me back to the first page

is it supposed to do that???????? or did i just lose everything

I have no idea but mine definitely didn't do that sooo
I ran out of time on section 1 so had to put a few guesses :frown: I did the 2 chemistry ones for section 2. I'm really annoyed because once I left the exam I realised what I had done wrong for one of them :/

Original post by iluvcats
Which subject did you do for section 2 in the NSAA? I didn't do very well on both my section 1 and 2 :frown:
Has anyone had interview dates given? I'm still waiting to hear from all of the uni's i've applied to. I think i'll be invited for interview at Bristol also should I be successful from my application as I studied an access course.
Bristol don't do interviews anymore.
The only interviews I've seen so far have been Glasgow ones.

Original post by r33ves1986
Has anyone had interview dates given? I'm still waiting to hear from all of the uni's i've applied to. I think i'll be invited for interview at Bristol also should I be successful from my application as I studied an access course.
Original post by r33ves1986

Bristol don’t interview unless you’re an international student
Original post by Tillyb99
Bristol don’t interview unless you’re an international student

I'll keep my fingers crossed for an offer then :smile::smile:
Original post by luberry
I have no idea but mine definitely didn't do that sooo

WOW ok good thing i saved some of my answers :/
Original post by redonks
WOW ok good thing i saved some of my answers :/

Hope it doesn't do that again!
Hi! I'm seeing people saying that bristol aren't interviewing this year and that their admissions process is new, is this for the vetmed course? Where did you find this out because I've checked the website loads and I'm pretty sure they still say they do interviews. Are all the others like rvc still doing interviews?

Congrats to anything with offers already, I'm still waiting for my questionnaire and I sent it about October 5th haha, any info on this would be great!
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Hi! I'm seeing people saying that bristol aren't interviewing this year and that their admissions process is new, is this for the vetmed course? Where did you find this out because I've checked the website loads and I'm pretty sure they still say they do interviews. Are all the others like rvc still doing interviews?

Congrats to anything with offers already, I'm still waiting for my questionnaire and I sent it about October 5th haha, any info on this would be great!

You haven't read the admissions statement. It says so there.
Original post by Viapurifico
You haven't read the admissions statement. It says so there.

Ahh okay, I applied to the gateway course so I'm still working on the old MMI system. Thanks!
Original post by HPanimadPJO

All other vet schools are still interviewing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending