The Student Room Group

tips on passing maths foundation gcse

hi i am a mature student and wonderinng if you guys know the best way of passing maths foundation gcse 9-1 as i need a C/5 to progress to level 3.
advice needed thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by glamourprincess
hi i am a mature student and wonderinng if you guys know the best way of passing maths foundation gcse 9-1 as i need a C/5 to progress to level 3.
advice needed thanks.

I've got my 3rd maths exam (foundation) on Wednesday. I'm in the same situation as you. I recommend getting flashcards!
I wrote Maths foundation earlier this year as a mature student. I found doing lots of past papers helped, make sure you mark them so you know where you've gone wrong. These videos also helped: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg2tfDG3Ww4u24RaU5mAdmEa0K11oGUKu

Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
i'd recommend doing the higher paper as you'd only need 10/15 marks to pass. i've done the foundation paper 5 times and every time i sit the exam i always fail by 1 mark and because i got over 130 marks each time on the foundation paper and kept getting a grade 3 i just sat the higher paper instead and answered all the foundation questions on the higher paper and sort of attempted the higher paper questions too as the higher paper has a mixture of both higher and foundation. i shockingly ended up coming out with a grade 6 which is a B
Reply 4
Hi Saif can u recomend the best website to revise from and which paper did u do edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest