The Student Room Group

Choices "fitting together"

Do all your a-level choices have to 'fit together' depending on what you want to do for uni or can you do whatever as long as your doing one subject which relates to the course you want to do?
Look at the entry requirements for your course on University websites and check to see if they have any specific A-Level subjects that you need to be taking to do the course. If you have checked multiple different University websites and you do not see any subjects you need to take then you're to choose which subjects you'd like to take although, you will have a stronger UCAS application if your A-Level subjects relate to your chosen course.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:
Original post by S.H.Rahman
Look at the entry requirements for your course on University websites and check to see if they have any specific A-Level subjects that you need to be taking to do the course. If you have checked multiple different University websites and you do not see any subjects you need to take then you're to choose which subjects you'd like to take although, you will have a stronger UCAS application if your A-Level subjects relate to your chosen course.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Thank you!
I've started my A Levels this September, and I'm studying art, biology and chemistry. I'm doing the sciences because I want to be a vet, and that's the standard entry requirements for the unis I want to go to, and I've chosen art because its fun and something I like, and I was also undecided whether I wanted to be an animator for a long time. So if everything fails, I still have a back up plan :biggrin:

I don't think it matters what you chose, unless unis specifically state what they want. Do what you know you'll like and enjoy, and the chances are that you'll do better in them x
Original post by kiindling
I've started my A Levels this September, and I'm studying art, biology and chemistry. I'm doing the sciences because I want to be a vet, and that's the standard entry requirements for the unis I want to go to, and I've chosen art because its fun and something I like, and I was also undecided whether I wanted to be an animator for a long time. So if everything fails, I still have a back up plan :biggrin:

I don't think it matters what you chose, unless unis specifically state what they want. Do what you know you'll like and enjoy, and the chances are that you'll do better in them x

Thank you so much that has really helped x
Original post by Lucy_Leeds24
Thank you so much that has really helped x

You're very welcome <3
Glad I could do something. If you need any more help, feel free to ask x
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy_Leeds24
Do all your a-level choices have to 'fit together' depending on what you want to do for uni or can you do whatever as long as your doing one subject which relates to the course you want to do?

I went to a sixth form opening evening and the head teacher told us that unless you're doing Medicine or Engineering in the future, you don't need to worry too much about your choices. Pick choices which you think you are interested in or are really good at. There some subjects called 'facilitating subjects', (I think, google them) where you can pick some of them and the combination can help you reach any kind of career-wise success. I hope that helps.
Original post by sujana
I went to a sixth form opening evening and the head teacher told us that unless you're doing Medicine or Engineering in the future, you don't need to worry too much about your choices. Pick choices which you think you are interested in or are really good at. There some subjects called 'facilitating subjects', (I think, google them) where you can pick some of them and the combination can help you reach any kind of career-wise success. I hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest