The Student Room Group

gcse English language paper 1 q 3

does anyone know if for gcse English language paper 1 question 3 are you aloud to just use line numbers as your quotes? I saw this on mr everything English but I’m unsure if it’s allowed because I haven’t heard anyone doing this before?
Reply 1
Hi, year 12 who did AQA last year. I've not heard anything about quoting the line so personally I would play it safe and write the specific/short quote you want to write about, to get straight to the point.

If you're trying to fit in a big quote from a whole line, you can always pick out what you need with an ellipsis, so you could do 'Adjective 1... Adjective 2' if that helps.

One more thing - the examiners want you to do well so will mark less harshly than teachers who know you. So you'll most likely do better in the gcse than your mocks. If you can find the quote in the first place you're off to a good start.

Good luck!
Reply 2
thank youuuuu!
Original post by Sop 27
Hi, year 12 who did AQA last year. I've not heard anything about quoting the line so personally I would play it safe and write the specific/short quote you want to write about, to get straight to the point.

If you're trying to fit in a big quote from a whole line, you can always pick out what you need with an ellipsis, so you could do 'Adjective 1... Adjective 2' if that helps.

One more thing - the examiners want you to do well so will mark less harshly than teachers who know you. So you'll most likely do better in the gcse than your mocks. If you can find the quote in the first place you're off to a good start.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest