The Student Room Group

why am i finding a level chemistry so hard?

im in A2 and i take biology, chemistry and maths. I'm doing alright in biology and maths but i keep doing terribly in my chemistry tests. I do revise for them and i complete my homework, pay attention in class and i seem to understand the content but I keep doing bad in my tests. My teacher has (clearly) noticed and now I need to have a meeting and discuss but I dont know why im doing so bad..

do you have any tips that will help me succeed in a level chemistry? i enjoy the subject (most of the time) so im not sure why im flopping this bad. (when i say flopping i mean im getting U grades and D grades in my tests and assessed pieces of work)

thanksssss
Original post by nineteenone
im in A2 and i take biology, chemistry and maths. I'm doing alright in biology and maths but i keep doing terribly in my chemistry tests. I do revise for them and i complete my homework, pay attention in class and i seem to understand the content but I keep doing bad in my tests. My teacher has (clearly) noticed and now I need to have a meeting and discuss but I dont know why im doing so bad..

do you have any tips that will help me succeed in a level chemistry? i enjoy the subject (most of the time) so im not sure why im flopping this bad. (when i say flopping i mean im getting U grades and D grades in my tests and assessed pieces of work)

thanksssss

Many students find A level chemistry to be a big leap from GCSE but go on to do well.

How did you do at GCSE and did you have any chemistry topics at GCSE that you didn't 'get'?

So many chemistry concepts are built on what you have learned previously. It is so important to identify which of the fundamental concepts you struggle with and work on those.
When you have identified what to work on discuss with your teacher or use a tutor if you can.
Pick questions from past papers and make sure you understand the mark scheme. Come back here to discuss questions you don't get.

Quick Reply

Latest