The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry applicants - 2018 entry

Hey guys, I haven't yet seen a thread for Sheffield applicants so thought I would start one! What are everyone's stats and where else are you guys applying? :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My stats are...

GCSE - 9A* 1A
UKCAT - 680 average (2720 total) and Band 1
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Applied: Sheffield, QUB, Cardiff, Bristol
Hi!! My stats are...
GCSE - 7A*s 2As B
UKCAT - 705 average and Band 1
Predicted grades - A*AA
Applied: Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle, Bristol
Reply 3
Original post by student2000h
Hi!! My stats are...
GCSE - 7A*s 2As B
UKCAT - 705 average and Band 1
Predicted grades - A*AA
Applied: Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle, Bristol

Oh we’re both applying to Sheffield and Bristol! :smile: Which uni is your favourite out of all your choices?
Original post by :D ABC123
Oh we’re both applying to Sheffield and Bristol! :smile: Which uni is your favourite out of all your choices?

We are!! I'm torn between Newcastle and Sheffield as my favourite, how about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by student2000h
We are!! I'm torn between Newcastle and Sheffield as my favourite, how about you? :smile:

My favourites are Sheffield and Cardiff :smile: I haven’t actually gone to see Sheffield uni but from the website and what everyone says about it seems amazing! Have you beeen doing any interview prep? I hate interviews so I’m really worried for them (if I get any lol)
My stats are...
8 A*’s 1 A at gcse
Predicted A*A*A
725 band 2 ukcat
I’m applying to Sheffield, Bristol, kings and Birmingham
If anyone wants to chat about interviews etc please do!
Original post by spiritxals
My stats are...
8 A*’s 1 A at gcse
Predicted A*A*A
725 band 2 ukcat
I’m applying to Sheffield, Bristol, kings and Birmingham
If anyone wants to chat about interviews etc please do!

Woah your grades are amazing for GCSE, and your UKCAT is so strong. How did you get such a high UKCAT, any tips would help? BTW im a year 12 student looking to do dentistry too.
Original post by sachind01
Woah your grades are amazing for GCSE, and your UKCAT is so strong. How did you get such a high UKCAT, any tips would help? BTW im a year 12 student looking to do dentistry too.

Thank you! I used Medify for about 3 weeks before, and did a few of the official UKCAT mocks :smile: the hardest thing is timing so once you’ve nailed that it’s fine! Medify is really good as it has timed questions as well as full mocks for each section. Definitely practice on a computer, there’s no point using a book as it doesn’t simulate the real thing. Good luck!
Hi everyone my stats are:
GCSE: 5A*'s, 4A's, 2D*'s.
UKCAT: 2610.
Predicted A-level grades: A*A*A*A*.
Applied to Sheffield, KCL, Newcastle and Birmingham.

Good luck!
Reply 10
Sheffield interview!! Whoop
Reply 11
Original post by :D ABC123
Sheffield interview!! Whoop

Hi same here it says 02/03/2018 that’s deffo 2nd of March not 3rd February lol? Kinda not really sure ...
Reply 12
Original post by macs99
Hi same here it says 02/03/2018 that’s deffo 2nd of March not 3rd February lol? Kinda not really sure ...

Yep that’s deffo 2nd March :smile: Have you had any other interviews yet?
Reply 13
Has everyone heard back from Sheffield r.e. interview invitations?
Original post by Gwake11
Has everyone heard back from Sheffield r.e. interview invitations?

I still haven’t heard back
Original post by macs99

Mines on the 2nd March too!
when do you guys think we will hear back?
Original post by ibs484
when do you guys think we will hear back?

They’re having another set of interviews as people couldn’t get there due to the weather in 2 weeks so I imagine after that
Reply 18
Offer :smile:
Original post by RikHD
Offer :smile:

congrats but fml

Quick Reply

Latest