The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry entry 2024

Scroll to see replies

(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by wannabesomein
Do u guys think I have a good chance at getting an interview considering I got a low Ucat (2570, Band 1).
My pred are A*A*A
And my GCSEs are 99999988
And what other dental school would u apply to with this UCAT

Apply to Liverpool, I got an interview with 2640 B3 last year
Reply 3
Original post by Ajdj12
Apply to Liverpool, I got an interview with 2640 B3 last year

Hi did you get an offer from liverpool?
Reply 4
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi did you get an offer from liverpool?

Unfortunately no, I was a few points off the interview cut-off:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Ajdj12
Unfortunately no, I was a few points off the interview cut-off:frown:

that is a shame:frown:
Where are you thinking to apply this year?
Reply 6
that is a shame:frown:
Where are you thinking to apply this year?

Hopefully, as long as i get the grades on results day:smile:
Reply 7
Do u guys think I have a good chance at getting an interview considering I got a low Ucat (2570, Band 1).
My pred are A*A*A
And my GCSEs are 99999988

Are you eligible for any access schemes? If you are make sure you apply for them it might help you out too
Original post by aspd79
Are you eligible for any access schemes? If you are make sure you apply for them it might help you out too

i am pretty sure i am eligible to the Leeds Access Program, and maybe the Cardiif, but they are quite silent about there criteria. currently i am thinking of applying to Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff and QUB. Do u guys think it is wise of me to apply there.
My pred are A*A*A
And my GCSEs are 999999888

Nah you're doomed. Jokes people overthink this ucat score so much it's just about applying to the right places without risks. I applied Liverpool, Cardiff, QMUL and Belfast(GCSE heavy). Only got interviews from Belfast and Liverpool. But yeah QMUL was just a lazy choice tbh they didn't give a real reason for rejection and Cardiff I thought I'd be guaranteed an interview but nah cos they looked at bands this year not score so yeah I would also apply Cardiff. I got 2710 b3. Good luck
what do u think the ucat cut off for leeds wil be this year, considering its their first year doing it through ucat, will it be a high or reasonable cut off?
Reply 11
Original post by chemgod918
what do u think the ucat cut off for leeds wil be this year, considering its their first year doing it through ucat, will it be a high or reasonable cut off?

I emailed them to ask how they will assess this year with the change and they replied they’re not sure until they receive all the raw data
Original post by aspd79

Hi I am a student planning to apply for dentistry next year. What is access schemes ? Many thanks
Reply 13
Original post by amanoyee636
Hi I am a student planning to apply for dentistry next year. What is access schemes ? Many thanks

Access schemes are for those from widening participation backgrounds such as low income families, first to go uni in family, eligible free school meals etc etc. Some unis may give them extra consideration when selecting for interviews such as having a lower ucat cut off for these applicants.

For example Leeds does Access to Leeds. I’m not entirely sure what they do for those eligible but I believe they were more lenient with the BMAT, but not sure what they will do this year regarding UCAT.

You can go on each individual unis website to see whether they have one and check if you’re eligible :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Thanks a lot for the info

Original post by aspd79
Access schemes are for those from widening participation backgrounds such as low income families, first to go uni in family, eligible free school meals etc etc. Some unis may give them extra consideration when selecting for interviews such as having a lower ucat cut off for these applicants.

For example Leeds does Access to Leeds. I’m not entirely sure what they do for those eligible but I believe they were more lenient with the BMAT, but not sure what they will do this year regarding UCAT.

You can go on each individual unis website to see whether they have one and check if you’re eligible :smile:
Original post by aspd79

Hi i am eligible, but the applying process is confusing me alot due to recieving different info in different places. Could you tell me how you apply for places like Liverpool, Leeds and sheffield? Is it too late if I am in year 13?
Reply 16
Original post by umfa
Hi i am eligible, but the applying process is confusing me alot due to recieving different info in different places. Could you tell me how you apply for places like Liverpool, Leeds and sheffield? Is it too late if I am in year 13?

Hi! I believe the Liverpool one you had to apply for in Year 12. Leeds and Sheffield you can apply for in Year 13. Leeds is called Access to Leeds and Sheffield’s one is the Access+ Sheffield

There’s a chance applications for this cycle may have not opened yet so just keep an eye out on their websites

To apply just go on their websites and fill in the relevant forms. For Access to Leeds you will need a teacher reference which you’ll see on the from. The Sheffield one is just a simple google forms :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by aspd79
Hi! I believe the Liverpool one you had to apply for in Year 12. Leeds and Sheffield you can apply for in Year 13. Leeds is called Access to Leeds and Sheffield’s one is the Access+ Sheffield

There’s a chance applications for this cycle may have not opened yet so just keep an eye out on their websites

To apply just go on their websites and fill in the relevant forms. For Access to Leeds you will need a teacher reference which you’ll see on the from. The Sheffield one is just a simple google forms :smile:

Thanks so much !
Hi did anyone go to the leeds open day today?
Reply 19
Hi did anyone go to the leeds open day today?

Im there now

Quick Reply

Latest