The Student Room Group

Paychology 2:2

Can I get through the clearing house with a 2:2 ?
I would love to do a clinical doctorate in psychology , however despite working my butt off I could potentially get a 2:2at the end of my studies . I have had first class honors assignments but my exams have let me down . I have also just had an essay back and got a poor score due to technical issues and proof reading but that's my fault and can't be appealed .I have a passion for psychology and have had experience with all mental health disorders ( my immediate family members have had personality disorders depression , mania ,and substance misuse and alcohol problems and one of my partners committed suicide and the other was schizophrenic) it's as if clinical psychology is my calling and my whole life would make sense if I became a clinical psychologist. I have also done 20 hours a week of voluntary work over a 9 month period and 8 hours a week over a 3 month period which shows my passion . Will this be taken into consideration ? is there anyone here who is or knows someone who is a clinical psychologist and has a 2:2 in their bachelors ? TIA
Getting into clinical psych with a 2.2 is possible. Have you considered a masters? If you can get a merit or even better a distinction it may help your application. Keep getting clinical experience and apply to universities wisely i.e. check if they accept 2.2.
Reply 2
Yes , I definitely want to do a masters but I thought that i would have to do a masters in clinical psychology and then a doctorate in clinical psychology 🤔All masters in clinical psychology are a 2:1 minimum entry requirement, aren't they ?
Reply 3
You sure can with a 2.2 ask universities.
Original post by Lydz1988
Yes , I definitely want to do a masters but I thought that i would have to do a masters in clinical psychology and then a doctorate in clinical psychology 🤔All masters in clinical psychology are a 2:1 minimum entry requirement, aren't they ?

Yes you would have to still do the doctorate.

I studied clinical psychology masters at Kingston with a 2.2 and just graduated. There are a number of unis that will accept 2.2 at masters, middlesex being another.
Reply 5
That's good news . All is not lost ! Have you started your doctorate ?
Reply 6
I'm so relieved to hear this . Did you get a 2:2?
That's good news . All is not lost ! Have you started your doctorate ?

I'm not going down the clinical pathway, I'm applying for general psych PhDs instead, so more academia than clinical.

Got a 2.2 at undergrad and a merit (2.1) at masters.
Reply 8
Ah right , cool ! Do you know anybody who is doing a doctorate who got a 2:2 at BSC?
Ah right , cool ! Do you know anybody who is doing a doctorate who got a 2:2 at BSC?

No, but when I was considering applying for the doctorate I found this helpful:

http://www.clinpsy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=126
Can I get through the clearing house with a 2:2 ?
I would love to do a clinical doctorate in psychology , however despite working my butt off I could potentially get a 2:2at the end of my studies . I have had first class honors assignments but my exams have let me down . I have also just had an essay back and got a poor score due to technical issues and proof reading but that's my fault and can't be appealed .I have a passion for psychology and have had experience with all mental health disorders ( my immediate family members have had personality disorders depression , mania ,and substance misuse and alcohol problems and one of my partners committed suicide and the other was schizophrenic) it's as if clinical psychology is my calling and my whole life would make sense if I became a clinical psychologist. I have also done 20 hours a week of voluntary work over a 9 month period and 8 hours a week over a 3 month period which shows my passion . Will this be taken into consideration ? is there anyone here who is or knows someone who is a clinical psychologist and has a 2:2 in their bachelors ? TIA

Hello,

You would be a perfect fit for our Masters in Psychology!
I am currently doing a Masters here at Middlesex and I am really enjoying my time.
The lecturers are industry experts and there are many ways to get experience while studying!
Have a look here: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/psychology

Why don't you come and visit us? We are running an Open evening on the 21st of March: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays

Have a lovely day and let me know if you have any other questions

Ludovica
Reply 11
Wow ! That would be awesome ! I may come along ! I'm in Wales so have a lib way to travel but I will consider it ! It would be a nice adventure for me and my boys ! Thanks for your reply .x
Reply 12
hello, have you found any courses that accept a 2:2 in psychology I'm facing the same problem i want to for a clinical psychology course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending