The Student Room Group

Which is harder

GCSE (I'm doing 9)
A-Level (3/4)
or Degree
I hear a lot of debate and some say that they found A level harder than their degree...What do you guys think?
I’m in year 12 but i would probably say Degree cos there’s a reason why you do a degree AFTER A levels - maybe depends what uni they go to
(edited 6 years ago)
Plus uni life seems like A levels x 1000000000000 on drugs
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by moomoobearr
I’m in year 12 but i would probably say Degree cos there’s a reason why you do a degree AFTER A levels - maybe depends what uni they go to

that's what I was thinking. since you're in year 12 can I ask what subjects you picked and which you find harder? also if its significantly harder than GCSEs
Reply 4
I’d say A Levels atm cause in uni its only one area youre focusing on but with A Levels its a tone of work and three/four different subjects to focus on too
Original post by jbrdodd
I’d say A Levels atm cause in uni its only one area youre focusing on but with A Levels its a tone of work and three/four different subjects to focus on too

yeah that's kinda what I thought too. also you're more likely to enjoy your uni courses
Original post by Schoolquestions
that's what I was thinking. since you're in year 12 can I ask what subjects you picked and which you find harder? also if its significantly harder than GCSEs

im currently doing maths, further maths and physics. its actually been alright so far loool maths isnt that much harder from gcse ngl, physics as well (tho the questions are a bit harder). you learn content that u havent come across before in further maths and it is a bit tricky but im only at the beginning of year 12 so its not been that bad so far. Overall tho, A levels is definitely harder rhan GCSE, as ive been having to revise/ study more than i usually would if i was doing GCSEs. Also theres just so much homework loool 😭😭
Regarding the comment above, it is true that u are managing 3 subjects at A levels, but you manage like 11 at gcse, yet A levels is still harder. That goes for a degree as well - you only focus on one subject but it doesnt mean its easy. you’re studying it at degree level so ur going to be studying and mastering the subject to a much deeper level that u ever would at A level. Theres a reason why a bachelors degree is 3 years (or more if ur doing masters/Phd). My sister initially chose maths at uni (she didnt find maths and further maths too hard at A level), but soon changed her course after the first year, cos she just didnt understand it at all. If getting a degree is easier than A levels, surely there wouldnt be such a tremendous difference between the knowledge of university graduates and A level students? But there is. Idk, its ur opinion i guess - the only way you will find out is by going thru university ^^
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by moomoobearr
im currently doing maths, further maths and physics. its actually been alright so far loool maths isnt that much harder from gcse ngl, physics as well (tho the questions are a bit harder). you learn content that u havent come across before in further maths and it is a bit tricky but im only at the beginning of year 12 so its not been that bad so far. Overall tho, A levels is definitely harder rhan GCSE, as ive been having to revise/ study more than i usually would if i was doing GCSEs. Also theres just so much homework loool 😭😭
Regarding the comment above, it is true that u are managing 3 subjects at A levels, but you manage like 11 at gcse, yet A levels is still harder. That goes for a degree as well - you only focus on one subject but it doesnt mean its easy. you’re studying it at degree level so ur going to be studying and mastering the subject to a much deeper level that u ever would at A level. Theres a reason why a bachelors degree is 3 years (or more if ur doing masters/Phd). My sister initially chose maths at uni (she didnt find maths and further maths too hard at A level), but soon changed her course after the first year, cos she just didnt understand it at all. If getting a degree is easier than A levels, surely there wouldnt be such a tremendous difference between the knowledge of university graduates and A level students? But there is. Idk, its ur opinion i guess - the only way you will find out is by going thru university ^^

thanks for the detail🤗
maths further maths and physics sounds insanely hard, since you find it reasonably easy I'm just assuming you're very smart lol.
I hope I can cope with ALevel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending