The Student Room Group

History Tudors!!!

Hi,

I am writing an essay on Tudors rebellion causes and need help in structuring it. If i structure it by factors and there are a lot of rebellions that have numerous factors, do I put the same rebellion in the different factor paragraphs and in each one show how the rebellion displays those factors?
Original post by Katie015
Hi,

I am writing an essay on Tudors rebellion causes and need help in structuring it. If i structure it by factors and there are a lot of rebellions that have numerous factors, do I put the same rebellion in the different factor paragraphs and in each one show how the rebellion displays those factors?

What is the title?
Reply 2
the question is what was the most important rason for rebelling during the tudor period, but as rebellions had a few causes, how do I put the same rebellions in different factor paragraphs. For example, do I say Pilgrimage of Grace was mainly due to Religion, but then in an Economic paragraph state the Economic reasons for this Rebellion?
Original post by Katie015
the question is what was the most important rason for rebelling during the tudor period, but as rebellions had a few causes, how do I put the same rebellions in different factor paragraphs. For example, do I say Pilgrimage of Grace was mainly due to Religion, but then in an Economic paragraph state the Economic reasons for this Rebellion?

I would structure it one of two ways:

A) Dedicate a para to each cause and cherry-pick examples, so religious paragraph, link Pil of Grace, economic, political, foreign affairs etc.

B) You could go through the rebellions one by one, Ketts, Pil of Grace etc. (haven't done it in a while) and just focus on the causes of each one, then have a concluding sentence for every example then round it all up in your conclusion.

Think about importance in terms of the most common cause and the most dangerous cause (often when all 3 key causes are mixed). Imporantance can be seen as always being a cause (taxes spring to mind) or when thet actually pose a threat, Pil of Grace brought thousands although was ultimately not too threatening, religious cause.

Quick Reply

Latest