The Student Room Group

OCR history a level coursework

Hi,
I am super confused about my coursework, firstly, I do the mid tudor crisis as part of my examined curriculum, but my teacher said it is okay to still focus my coursework on it, is this correct?
Also, could anyone who has done this coursework comment on whether "how far were economic issues the main contributor to the mid tudor crisis?" is a suitable question?
I am most confused about what I am doing with my primary and secondary sources, am I using them to construct my own argument or assess the validity of historical interpretations against primary sources? And if the above question is a good one, do I then find two interpretations about tudor economics and four for other factors, or do I take books about the mid tudor crisis as a whole and ignore other chapters about religion and politics and just use the chapters on economics? any help would be very very much appreciated, thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by h3tty
Hi,
I am super confused about my coursework, firstly, I do the mid tudor crisis as part of my examined curriculum, but my teacher said it is okay to still focus my coursework on it, is this correct?
Also, could anyone who has done this coursework comment on whether "how far were economic issues the main contributor to the mid tudor crisis?" is a suitable question?
I am most confused about what I am doing with my primary and secondary sources, am I using them to construct my own argument or assess the validity of historical interpretations against primary sources? And if the above question is a good one, do I then find two interpretations about tudor economics and four for other factors, or do I take books about the mid tudor crisis as a whole and ignore other chapters about religion and politics and just use the chapters on economics? any help would be very very much appreciated, thank you :smile:

Maybe a mid Tudor crisis would be a better question. With that you can include economical issues as well as religious, political issues, foreign policy issues, and many more. I got an A* in A level History and one of the questions was very similar to that and there is SO MUCH to talk about. If I had kept my notes I would have helped you. I wish I could request my script to show you but I don’t think you would be able to reference it unfortunately. However, the economy is still a very good question so it’s entirely up to you as both would be good options. Regarding the sources, I would keep them separate to historians for main body paragraphs and evaluate them with for and against paragraphs. However, there is nothing stopping you from tying them together in your conclusions as that would make an excellent evaluative point!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending