The Student Room Group

Study Substitutes

I'm not taking maths as an A level, but I am taking all three of the other sciences and I feel like I need the support and practice in maths so I can apply it to my subjects in general, especially physics. I was wondering if there are any alternatives to help support me in maths or advice on studying it alone, like websites, books etc? Is it just better to review all of my GCSE maths again? Either way I dont really know how I can teach it to myself or to check it online. Thanks x
Original post by scarbutterfly
I'm not taking maths as an A level, but I am taking all three of the other sciences and I feel like I need the support and practice in maths so I can apply it to my subjects in general, especially physics. I was wondering if there are any alternatives to help support me in maths or advice on studying it alone, like websites, books etc? Is it just better to review all of my GCSE maths again? Either way I dont really know how I can teach it to myself or to check it online. Thanks x

You can get CGP guides which are "maths for chem/physics/bio" which are meant to be good.
There's youtubers that do that sort of thing (the one that comes to mind is Science and maths by primrose kitten, if you look on her channel she has a series you can look at)
If you school offers something like core maths it wouldn't be a bad thing to take as that's the basics from A level maths with some GCSE overlap
Hope that's given you a few ideas :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
You can get CGP guides which are "maths for chem/physics/bio" which are meant to be good.
There's youtubers that do that sort of thing (the one that comes to mind is Science and maths by primrose kitten, if you look on her channel she has a series you can look at)
If you school offers something like core maths it wouldn't be a bad thing to take as that's the basics from A level maths with some GCSE overlap
Hope that's given you a few ideas :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by scarbutterfly
Thanks! :smile:

No worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest