The Student Room Group

Is there still time to apply for courses starting this September?

Would there be time to apply for the May deadline?
It's February. The deadline is May. Many courses don't require a motivation letter.

One would think so. Apply. What are you waiting for.
Original post by Lilium
It's February. The deadline is May. Many courses don't require a motivation letter.

One would think so. Apply. What are you waiting for.

I've opened a studielink account but can't find how to add my A-levels, I tried to add one but I think it isn't correct, and now I can't remove that qualification.

Trying to figure out if it's a realistic option for me.

I also don't know the format of motivation letters/CV
Original post by caffeinefuelled
I've opened a studielink account but can't find how to add my A-levels, I tried to add one but I think it isn't correct, and now I can't remove that qualification.

Trying to figure out if it's a realistic option for me.

I also don't know the format of motivation letters/CV

It really isn't that much work. You should go for it! (if that's what you want)

Just jot down things you have to do, separate them out by days and systematically approach them. It'll be over before you know it. I know it can appear overwhelming at first.

Most courses do not require a motivation letter. The format should be similar to what your UCAS personal statement is. Check the application page for the courses you're considering for specifics.

For e.g, Erasmus Uni Rotterdam includes a format for their motivation letters. Off the top of my head, it shouldn't be longer than one A4 page and include things like why you're considering that particular course and what your strengths are.

For the CV, any would do but Dutch unis recommend using the Europass format. Google it. Personally, I used a template I found on Mergers and Inquisitions because I found it to look nicer. These things are fairly standard anyway.

Yeah, that's fine for Studielink. The unis I applied to all had a separate application portal. You should receive a link for them by e-mail within a few hours/days, depending on the uni. I actually uploaded both my GCSEs and A-Levels in the same document in the application portals, even if they only asked for A-Levels.

I reckon that should have you covered. Most of your questions can be easily googled. If not, then they would be university specific and you should call them and ask. Don't bother with e-mails, they might take too long to respond.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending