The Student Room Group

CAS and visa's

So I'm looking to study at Regents Theological College from start of September this year. I have applied for the course I wanted to apply for, received an offer, accepted it and even payed my first fee (registration fee).

This university had to apply for the sponsorship license, since they had no one use a visa to study at their place before, but they were willing to get one as soon as I had applied for the course. I thought they would have gotten this sponsorship license by now and I would be able to apply for my own visa, but the university are still trying to sort out their sponsorship license and I'm not sure whether I can get my visa on time...

Now I've got 3 scenarios that I think could happen:
1. They'll get the license very soon and I'll still be able to get my visa on time before the start of the course
2. They'll get the license in a few weeks, I'll be able to apply for the course before it starts, but I will be late for the actual course.
3. They'll get the license after the course has started, and I'll be even more late.

Now the question is, in scenario 2 and 3, would I be able to apply for my visa late and would I even be able to start late on my course?

If anyone could answer this that'd be really helpful🙏
Thanks
Reply 1
I applied at Regent 1 year ago. They said the same, except I did not pay any fees. I can assume they are not honest organisation. I also remember that their course was almost 2 times cheaper than any other IT course in other universities for Overseas students. So, I suggest you at least try to refund money. Also, you can try to apply during Clearing to various universities too, such as Birkbeck or Goldsmith. They more likely to reject you at the beginning, but during Clearing chances are much higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending