The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hi. I have a masters degree in design previous funding of sf. I would like to change career and study psychology - part time - is this eligible for exception funding - Teesside university - start September 2023 ? If this is not an exception course could I have a list of part time ones that are ?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi. I have a masters degree in design. I would like to change career and study psychology - part time - is this eligible for exception funding - Teesside university - start September 2023 - it says that psychology is in the list of second funding.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Just tee
Hi. I have a masters degree in design previous funding of sf. I would like to change career and study psychology - part time - is this eligible for exception funding - Teesside university - start September 2023 ? If this is not an exception course could I have a list of part time ones that are ?

Hi there, I have responded to your other thread. Thanks, Jason
Hi. I have a masters degree in design. I would like to change career and study psychology - part time - is this eligible for exception funding - Teesside university - start September 2023 - it says that psychology is in the list of second funding.

Hi there, what is the full name of the course? Is it just called Psychology? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Hi Jason,

It is called BSc (Hons) Psychology - part time - staring September 2023
Hi Jason,

It is called BSc (Hons) Psychology - part time - staring September 2023

Thank you. This would be an exception course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Great definitely able to get the funding even though I have had previous funding yes ? can you tell me how do I apply for the part time route so I need a code for part time as the university only has one for full time the same for the part time course - is it a paper form ?
Great definitely able to get the funding even though I have had previous funding yes ? can you tell me how do I apply for the part time route so I need a code for part time as the university only has one for full time the same for the part time course - is it a paper form ?

Hi there,

You can apply online or paper form on our website here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms and post this back to the address on the form. Applications can take 6-8 weeks to process so we advise to apply as soon as possible. If you ask the university for the course details they will advise what you need.

The course is a part time exception course meaning you should be eligible for finance again regardless of your previous study.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Thank you for this information. Is this tuition fees only or can I apply for living costs also please ?
Thank you for this information. Is this tuition fees only or can I apply for living costs also please ?

Hi there,

You can find the funding for part time students here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/parttime-students

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 10
Psychology MSc - Is this funded as an exception even if I have a master degree or second degree funding only available for bsc hons psychology?
Reply 11
This image shows the course I am interested in it is a conversion course part time?
Psychology MSc - Is this funded as an exception even if I have a master degree or second degree funding only available for bsc hons psychology?

Hi there,

Yes, we have already confirmed that this is an exception course. Claire provided the link to show you what you can be awarded.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 13
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Yes, we have already confirmed that this is an exception course. Claire provided the link to show you what you can be awarded.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, yes you confirmed for the BSC I am now asking is MSC psychology still an exemption with part time funding? - even though I have a masters degree before I apply to it ? Thank you.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 14
Also what form do I need to apply for part time psychology MSc - starting 2023 ?
so I can let my university know to be able to start the MSC and apply for funding. Kind regards.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi Clare, yes you confirmed for the BSC I am now asking is MSC psychology still an exemption with part time funding? - even though I have a masters degree before I apply to it ? Thank you.

Hi there,

I am so sorry, I misread Msc as Bsc, my apologies. Unfortunately, masters courses are not included in the exceptions courses, only undergraduate courses are.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending