The Student Room Group

UoL

UoL has offered me an unconditional offer regardless of whether I put them as fuel or insurance. I have just received an letter informing me that, if I put them as firm, they will give me £1000. Is this common? What does this mean?
Original post by Meg1458
UoL has offered me an unconditional offer regardless of whether I put them as fuel or insurance. I have just received an letter informing me that, if I put them as firm, they will give me £1000. Is this common? What does this mean?

No idea, but I would probably say common. I'm assuming we are talking about Uni of Law. They are a business, so giving you £1,000 is maybe just £1,000 less off their fee. They probably want your money. No different from lots of unis offering bursaries.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
No idea, but I would probably say common. I'm assuming we are talking about Uni of Law. They are a business, so giving you £1,000 is maybe just £1,000 less off their fee. They probably want your money. No different from lots of unis offering bursaries.

It’s the University of Leicester. I was confused as I don’t qualify for any kind of bursary or scholarship. I get the minimum maintenance loan and have no special circumstances
Original post by Meg1458
It’s the University of Leicester. I was confused as I don’t qualify for any kind of bursary or scholarship. I get the minimum maintenance loan and have no special circumstances

It is just competition and they want to make their offer more attractive. Go to the uni you are really interested in and offers you the best course.

Quick Reply

Latest