The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church accommodation

Hi, I’m going to Canterbury in Sept and looking into the accommodation. I am torn between Parnham and Petros Court and was wondering if anyone has any opinions or experiences? I am doing BA Primary Education. Apparently Parnham is quite busy and loud which isn’t really for me (plus it’s a fair walk from the uni), but Petros is £20 a week more which is really expensive and adds up to about £800 more a year! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Original post by Student13777
Hi, I’m going to Canterbury in Sept and looking into the accommodation. I am torn between Parnham and Petros Court and was wondering if anyone has any opinions or experiences? I am doing BA Primary Education. Apparently Parnham is quite busy and loud which isn’t really for me (plus it’s a fair walk from the uni), but Petros is £20 a week more which is really expensive and adds up to about £800 more a year! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I would've chosen Parham is it wasn't so far away from everything. As far as I'm aware, the only convenient thing about its location is the fact that it's close to Asda. Petros court is very nice looking and has a great courtyard courtyard and a great location but it's just too expensive for me personally. I could afford it as I spent a gap year working but I can't justify spending that kind of money on fancy student digs I'll only have to move out of at the end of the year anyway. Ive chosen Pin Hill as my first and second choice because it's cheap and in a fairly convenient location. I may come to regret it as it's right next to club Chemistry and it looked rather claustrophobic and dingy but at least my wallet won't take such a hit
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Hi 😊 yeah, I agree! I decided against both in the end as Petros was ridiculously expensive and Parham just didn’t seem right for me and my course. I put Lanfranc in the end as I agree that it’s not worth the money going luxury. I spent 2 months travelling USA so I’m not used to luxury anyway 😂. Pin Hill seemed okay too 😊 What are you studying?
Original post by Student13777
Hi 😊 yeah, I agree! I decided against both in the end as Petros was ridiculously expensive and Parham just didn’t seem right for me and my course. I put Lanfranc in the end as I agree that it’s not worth the money going luxury. I spent 2 months travelling USA so I’m not used to luxury anyway 😂. Pin Hill seemed okay too 😊 What are you studying?

I'm studying Policing BSc. I think most lectures will take place in Augustine house so Pin Hill is in a convenient location for any 9am lectures :biggrin:. What about you?
Original post by PhilanderingBum
I'm studying Policing BSc. I think most lectures will take place in Augustine house so Pin Hill is in a convenient location for any 9am lectures :biggrin:. What about you?

Haha that is really good thinking 😂 I am doing Primary Education

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending