The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Greenwich for Law/ LLB reviews or opinions?

Hey all!

I am considering making Greenwich my firm for Law but I have also been offered a place at UWE (UWE is higher up on the league table but have given me a lower offer)?

How is the course there? Do you think I'll be able to get a training contract? Any opinions would be VERY USEFUL.

Many thanks.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump this thread too in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump this thread too in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Thank you very much 😊 😇
Original post by BiancaMD
Hey all!

I am considering making Greenwich my firm for Law but I have also been offered a place at UWE (UWE is higher up on the league table but have given me a lower offer)?

How is the course there? Do you think I'll be able to get a training contract? Any opinions would be VERY USEFUL.

Many thanks.

Hello!

A previous Law student has been able to give you an insight into the LLB at Greenwich:

Hello there,

I studied LLB Law at Greenwich from 2013-2016 and also did my masters, LLM International and Commercial Law 2016-2017 and can say I absolutely loved it. I got a 2.1 in my LLB undergrad and a 1st in my masters and that was due to how much the University helped me progress in my legal research, legal writing and overall legal knowledge techniques. The course was taught very well all the lecturers were passionate about students so they always made sure we understood what were taught and were able to apply that to our written work and in the real world. Lecturers operate very good office hour sessions where you can book one to one sessions with them to go over any work you may need help with, or if you want feedback on any work you have done, or if you have any personal worries as well.

You have options to choose from in the 3rd year and all of those were taught brilliantly form the perspective of me and my friends.

In terms of the league tables, me and my friends were also aware that Greenwich wasn’t a ‘Russell group university’ but we never regretted coming here because the amount of placement/work opportunities helped our CVs massively. I worked within the Legal Advice Centre which is run by one of our lecturers and we assist her in giving free legal advice to real clients, I’ve been in legal advice centres externally from university but was able to get them because of the links our university had and I still volunteer there now and am able to interview clients by myself; I was mentored by a barrister QC from Gray’s Inn who brought me to his chambers for experience and we have links with good law firms which help us create connections.

I think you’ll definitely be able to get a training contract as long as you take advantage of all the employability opportunities Greenwich has on offer. Also, start looking into applying for Vacation schemes after your first year. Look into vacation schemes, mini placements/volunteering opportunities during studies and during holidays, also apply for mini pupillages (even though aimed at students who wish to be a barrister these are still very helpful).

Jade

We hope that you find this useful :smile:

Katie :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending