The Student Room Group

Edexcel Further Mathematics

what grades do I need to get in summer exams in order to get A* in further maths?
Original post by Iconic_panda
what grades do I need to get in summer exams in order to get A* in further maths?

Is this A Level?
480 ums total and 90% ums across 3 units with a number 2 to them. Assuming you're doing modular?
yeah edexcel a level, I'm doing M2, M3 FP2, S2, C3, C4 right now
Original post by Protostar
Is this A Level?
yeah i think so. so let say if i get 270 ums across M2, M3 and FP2 and 480 in total six, that would make an A* right?
Original post by Radioactivedecay
480 ums total and 90% ums across 3 units with a number 2 to them. Assuming you're doing modular?
yeah edexcel a level, I'm doing M2, M3 FP2, S2, C3, C4 right now

In which case as above - you need 480 UMS overall, with 90 UMS average across your best 3 A2 modules (so M2, M3, FP2 and S2) :smile:
thanks! do you know if it is possible to use M2, FP2 and S2 as Further modules and M3 as my normal maths module?
For instance, can my final modules for Mathematics be C1, C2, C3, C4, D1 and M3, but my Further Mathematics modules be FP1, FP2, S1, S2, M1, M2? (i.e can does M3 (or FP2) have to be in Further Mathematics modules. (hope it made any sense haha)
In which case as above - you need 480 UMS overall, with 90 UMS average across your best 3 A2 modules (so M2, M3, FP2 and S2) :smile:
thanks! do you know if it is possible to use M2, FP2 and S2 as Further modules and M3 as my normal maths module?
For instance, can my final modules for Mathematics be C1, C2, C3, C4, D1 and M3, but my Further Mathematics modules be FP1, FP2, S1, S2, M1, M2? (i.e can does M3 (or FP2) have to be in Further Mathematics modules. (hope it made any sense haha)

So long as you’re on the same exam board for maths and further maths, which you are, I’m pretty sure what they do is shuffle your modules around to maximise your Maths grade. So say if you’d studied S2 in normal maths and M2 in further, but if leaving it how it is you’d end up with Bs in both, they could reshuffle them so you’d get an A in maths (if you got enough UMS to do so). Hope that makes sense, I can’t explain it very well :colondollar: However I’m not sure if this extends to 3s (like M3), I think it does but I’m not 100% on that
thank you:biggrin:
So long as you’re on the same exam board for maths and further maths, which you are, I’m pretty sure what they do is shuffle your modules around to maximise your Maths grade. So say if you’d studied S2 in normal maths and M2 in further, but if leaving it how it is you’d end up with Bs in both, they could reshuffle them so you’d get an A in maths (if you got enough UMS to do so). Hope that makes sense, I can’t explain it very well :colondollar: However I’m not sure if this extends to 3s (like M3), I think it does but I’m not 100% on that

M3 cannot be used for Maths only for Further.
Original post by gdunne42
M3 cannot be used for Maths only for Further.
i have already finished fp1,m2 and s2 in January.
If I finish Fp2,fp3 and s3 in June and than cash in the six papers together.Does it mean that if the overall UMS of these six papers is over 480 and the overall UMS of my best three results in M2,S2,S3,Fp2,Fp3 is over 270, then I can get an A*? Will the system automatically choose the best three of the five as A2 modules?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by woyaoshangic
i have already finished fp1,m2 and s2 in January.
If I finish Fp2,fp3 and s3 in June and than cash in the six papers together.Does it mean that if the overall UMS of these six papers is over 480 and the overall UMS of my best three results in M2,S2,S3,Fp2,Fp3 is over 270, then I can get an A*? Will the system automatically choose the best three of the five as A2 modules?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest