The Student Room Group

How do I motivate myself to revise?

I have gcses coming up in may and I have maths,english, science, french graphics and ict exams to revise for but I just dont have the motivation to revise I have revised for the mocks I just had but not a lot I try to revise but I find it boring FYI I am a hardcore gamer and I have been playing my xbox every day for at least 3 hours every day for 7 years and I understand what I need to get in my exams to get into the sixth form but I am not motivated to please someone help
uh I’m in year 10 but I revise for mocks etc I’d say set yourself something to do, let’s say you want to revise SB1 write a list of topics you need to cover, get home do 30/45 minutes then give yourself 30mins on the Xbox then do some more of your goal, and slowly increase the time your revising because it’s in 3 months :3
You don't need to give xbox up completely, but you can do it as a reward. For every two hours you revise, you get 30 minutes gaming - something like that.
You can also make revision a sort of game. It doesn't have to be boring. You can have friends over to study or try fun revision systems, like Seneca Learning. This website is great because it's full of gifs and funny videos and it's free!
Original post by recklessabandon
uh I’m in year 10 but I revise for mocks etc I’d say set yourself something to do, let’s say you want to revise SB1 write a list of topics you need to cover, get home do 30/45 minutes then give yourself 30mins on the Xbox then do some more of your goal, and slowly increase the time your revising because it’s in 3 months :3

Thanks, I have made a revision timetable with only Xbox time and revision
Original post by LarissaAlves
You don't need to give Xbox up completely, but you can do it as a reward. For every two hours you revise, you get 30 minutes gaming - something like that.
You can also make revision a sort of game. It doesn't have to be boring. You can have friends over to study or try fun revision systems, like Seneca Learning. This website is great because it's full of gifs and funny videos and it's free!

Thanks, i will try Seneca Learning
Original post by connorcovbadboy
I have gcses coming up in may and I have maths,english, science, french graphics and ict exams to revise for but I just dont have the motivation to revise I have revised for the mocks I just had but not a lot I try to revise but I find it boring FYI I am a hardcore gamer and I have been playing my xbox every day for at least 3 hours every day for 7 years and I understand what I need to get in my exams to get into the sixth form but I am not motivated to please someone help

imagine sitting in a hall and legit skipping questions and panicking cuz u haven’t done enough revision
Original post by mantekes
imagine sitting in a hall and legit skipping questions and panicking cuz u haven’t done enough revision

This is my biggest nightmare
Reply 7
I love yo
Original post by connorcovbadboy

Hi there,

At the end of the day, the question you've gotta ask yourself is how much do you want to succeed. I used to be quite a heavy gamer myself, but I made the decision to dedicate my time towards my studies. You don't have to completely give up gaming, but its not motivation you're after, it's self-discipline. Motivation is fleeting and can be affected by so much. Self-discipline doesn't care whether you feel like it or not, you get it done regardless. Create yourself a plan where you can still game, but revise as well. However, you've gotta stick to your plan, no matter how much you wanna game. You've gotta make the right choice for you. No one else can do that for you.
Thanks, I have made a plan and I am moving less away from my Xbox

Quick Reply

Latest