The Student Room Group

Year 12 Aspiring Law Student

I'm a Year 12 studying History, Politics and Sociology and aiming to go to a top university for Law. I'm also doing an EPQ and I'm taking part in work experience this week to try and build a CV for myself.

I lack confidence in my academic abilities after not achieving my goals for GCSEs so I'm trying to work myself extra hard this year and next to ensure I get the top grades that I want.

These are my goals:
- A*AA in my April Mocks
- A*A*A in my June Mocks
- Complete research for my EPQ by the end of summer
- Keep myself motivated, revising 5-7 hours every day (including free periods)

Current/Predicted Grades: A*BB
Grades I aiming for: A*AA

If you have any tips that'll be amazing
How did your work experience go? How do you think studying for your subjects is going?
Reply 2
i’m a year 12 studying sociology, history, and philosophy and ethics aiming for a top uni for law asw!! rn my target grades are 3 A* but i’m on an A*AB and in my may mocks i want an A*A*A. to keep myself motivated i made a Pinterest board with all of the stuff i’m hoping for in the future and thinking about how studying hard will pay off and get u there will be worth it motivates me a lot. also if u don’t mind how exactly do you do 5-7 hours of work a day when school is already 9-3?
Original post by flowersinmyhair
How did your work experience go? How do you think studying for your subjects is going?

Work experience went well! I’ve been on vacation during the easter so haven’t had the chance to do too much but I’m hoping my studying the rest of the year will pay off for these mocks.
Original post by sldkldsa
i’m a year 12 studying sociology, history, and philosophy and ethics aiming for a top uni for law asw!! rn my target grades are 3 A* but i’m on an A*AB and in my may mocks i want an A*A*A. to keep myself motivated i made a Pinterest board with all of the stuff i’m hoping for in the future and thinking about how studying hard will pay off and get u there will be worth it motivates me a lot. also if u don’t mind how exactly do you do 5-7 hours of work a day when school is already 9-3?

That’s so cool! It’s nice to know I’m not alone.

My typical schedule is:
I have 2-3 free periods in the day. If I only have 2 then I’ll go for an hour after school. Which makes 3 hours. Then, I aim to revise from 6-9 although sometimes that goes down to 6-8 depending on the day.
Reply 5
ahh that makes sense so 3 hours a day bc of frees then 3 after school? tysm and yes good to know i’m not alone!
Original post by sldkldsa
ahh that makes sense so 3 hours a day bc of frees then 3 after school? tysm and yes good to know i’m not alone!

That’s right :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending