The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Computing

I’m an oversea student and I did my admission test on 29 Jan. It said I will get a result after 6 weeks, which means I should get that last week. However, I still haven’t received anything from IC. I rang up the admission this afternoon and the lady said they’ve got no more interview dates and we should just wait for UCAS to update. Does that mean I’m rejected?

Feeling very sad cuz I thought at least I could go for an interview.😢
Computing is extremely competitive this year:

They got over 3000 applications, which is a lot compared to the 1800+ in 2016-17. This year the online test was mandatory, and they said that they eliminated approximately 2000 students on basis of the test, and rejected 400 more on basis of predicted grades. Out of the 600 invited for an interview, about 300 will receive an offer for approx. 200 seats.

(from another post & for your information)

Original post by 陀思妥耶夫斯基的狞笑
I’m an oversea student and I did my admission test on 29 Jan. It said I will get a result after 6 weeks, which means I should get that last week. However, I still haven’t received anything from IC. I rang up the admission this afternoon and the lady said they’ve got no more interview dates and we should just wait for UCAS to update. Does that mean I’m rejected?

Feeling very sad cuz I thought at least I could go for an interview.😢
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by readinglife

They got over 3000 applications, which is a lot compared to the 1800+ in 2016-17. This year the online test was mandatory, and they said that they eliminated approximately 2000 students on basis of the test, and rejected 400 more on basis of predicted grades. Out of the 600 invited for an interview, about 300 will receive an offer for approx. 200 seats.

Do you have similar statistics for the JMC course?
Reply 3
Original post by randomjoined
Do you have similar statistics for the JMC course?

Original post by readinglife

I'm the person who provided that info! The head of computing admissions, Prof. Peter McBrian, gave us those stats, but didn't specify whether they were for Computing in isolation from JMC. Imperial's published admission statistics don't have separate stats for JMC either; on the website they provide stats for Computing and Maths.
May I ask have they sent out all the rejections? (Or who’s already got a rejection?
Reply 5
Original post by 陀思妥耶夫斯基的狞笑
May I ask have they sent out all the rejections? (Or who’s already got a rejection?

They haven't sent out the rejections yet. Most of the non-offer holders are still waiting for a decision. Imperial will let you know by the end of this month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending