The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) at Imperial College London

What is the MEng Computing (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) at Imperial College London like? How long are the lectures, study sessions, etc...? How expensive is the cost of living? What A-levels do you recommend if I wish for entry (I have programming projects ready to be a better candidate)?
the only differences are in 3rd and 4th year modules, otherwise its the same as every other imperial computing degree barring JMC. lectures usually take 4 hours or so per module a week of which you have 5. lab is a bit different, takes more hours per week around 8. You also have tutorials and courseworks per module, so you'll be quite busy, especially in 2nd year when the lab projects get intense! Do A level maths and further maths, everything else doesn't matter, but get A*s, etc.. cost of living is high but not that unmanageable, you have bursary if you are eligible, high maintenance loan. could be more of an issue 2nd year on when u are no longer in uni accom.
(edited 1 year ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by F for Axolotl
the only differences are in 3rd and 4th year modules, otherwise its the same as every other imperial computing degree barring JMC. lectures usually take 4 hours or so per module a week of which you have 5. lab is a bit different, takes more hours per week around 8. You also have tutorials and courseworks per module, so you'll be quite busy, especially in 2nd year when the lab projects get intense! Do A level maths and further maths, everything else doesn't matter, but get A*s, etc.. cost of living is high but not that unmanageable, you have bursary if you are eligible, high maintenance loan. could be more of an issue 2nd year on when u are no longer in uni accom.

Would you say the JMC course is even harder? I ask because I have firmed JMC, and practicing for the STEP exam to meet the condition has me really worried of what is to come for the next 3 years of my life if I make it through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending