The Student Room Group

Can somebody check this bit of Spanish writing for me?

Can anyone clarify whether this makes sense or not....

Si, me encanta ver la television por la manana antes de ir a la escuela. Lo bueno es que las noticias son en la manana y a mi juicio son entretenidos y te ayudan a entender lo que pasan en el mundo.
Original post by cj_sS

Si, me encanta ver la television por la manana antes de ir a la escuela. Lo bueno es que las noticias son en la manana y a mi juicio son entretenidos y te ayudan a entender lo que pasan en el mundo.

It makes sense, however I'm not sure that "son entretenidos" is a normal opinion to have on the news :lol:

A better way to phrase the end of it could be "a mi juicio, me ayudan a entender lo que está pasando en el mundo" - just a small change of tense
Reply 2
Original post by Bezoar
It makes sense, however I'm not sure that "son entretenidos" is a normal opinion to have on the news :lol:

A better way to phrase the end of it could be "a mi juicio, me ayudan a entender lo que está pasando en el mundo" - just a small change of tense

The best way to get marks is to lie hahaha. Thanks man i'll change it to that.
Original post by cj_sS
The best way to get marks is to lie hahaha. Thanks man i'll change it to that.

Just an adjective agreement wrong there - should be 'entretenidas' instead of 'entretenidos' as the word 'noticias' is feminine. I forget those all the time. Other than that it's all good.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cj_sS

Lo bueno es que las noticias son en la manana....

I'd use "se transmiten las noticias todas las mañanas/diariamente sin falta.. ", as the over-emphasis is useful in conveying your meaning, and it's a much more interesting verb.
Reply 5
Original post by cricinfo
Just an adjective agreement wrong there - should be 'entretenidas' instead of 'entretenidos' as the word 'noticias' is feminine. I forget those all the time. Other than that it's all good.

Oh yeah ofc, i always forget to check for things like that - thanks!
And to your other comment, yeah i'll try implement that phrasing that does seem much higher quality.
Reply 6
Original post by cj_sS
And to your other comment, yeah i'll try implement that phrasing that does seem much higher quality.

oops the other comment wasn't yours - my bad
Original post by cj_sS

No worries mate. That other comment wasn't me tho.
Reply 8
Original post by DrSocSciences
I'd use "se transmiten las noticias todas las mañanas/diariamente sin falta.. ", as the over-emphasis is useful in conveying your meaning, and it's a much more interesting verb.

thanks for the advice, i'll deffo implement that as it deffo seems higher quality
"a mi juicio son entretenidos" is not something any spanish speaker would say tbh
Reply 10
Original post by 12390859081
"a mi juicio son entretenidos" is not something any spanish speaker would say tbh

Well that would make sense since i'm not spanish.... What could i change that bit to?
Original post by cj_sS
Well that would make sense since i'm not spanish.... What could i change that bit to?

Its fine grammatically, it just sounds a bit forced to me (as a native speaker). No need to change it

Quick Reply

Latest