The Student Room Group

i am predicted an A in Year 13 spanish - ask me anything :)

i am predicted an A* in Year 13 Spanish - ask me any questions to do with spanish revision or just general languages revision! happy to help :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
i am predicted an A* in Year 13 Spanish - ask me any questions to do with spanish revision or just general languages revision! happy to help :smile:

Hi there :hi:
Moved your thread into foreign languages study help :yy:

:bump:

Hi there,

What was your actual grade in the end?
Thanks
Reply 3

Hi, this is just a general question but do you have any revision tips for year 12 Spanish? I ended up with a grade 9 at GCSE and I'd love to be able to curate that into an A/A* at A-level. Thanks.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by ilovelemons
Hi there,

What was your actual grade in the end?
Thanks

i am in year 13 now
Original post by yatso
Hi, this is just a general question but do you have any revision tips for year 12 Spanish? I ended up with a grade 9 at GCSE and I'd love to be able to curate that into an A/A* at A-level. Thanks.

hiii i got an 8 in gcse spanish, so i think we are kind of in the same boat. thanks for asking the question - first of all i would make sure you are familiar with your course (like what you are going to study). at the beginning of the year, i had to write a few essays about my film (El laberinto del fauno) and I would recommend noting down key essay phrases you can use in each section of the essay - intro, your points, outro etc! also for the key themes in your book/film find a few synonyms so that you don't end up repeating the same words in the essay. make sure you are keeping up with vocab from your topics - to help me i make quizlet flashcards of each topic and go over them often. and grammar is obviously also important - have like a grammar booklet or cheat sheet kind of thing in your folder with all the tenses you need to know, so you can keep referring to it! but soon you'll know all the tenses off by heart! take your mocks seriously - revise for them in advance and make sure you are doing past paper exam question because that really really helps!

i hope my advice helps in some way! feel free to ask me any more questions :smile:! also, what exam board are you doing?
Reply 6
hiii i got an 8 in gcse spanish, so i think we are kind of in the same boat. thanks for asking the question - first of all i would make sure you are familiar with your course (like what you are going to study). at the beginning of the year, i had to write a few essays about my film (El laberinto del fauno) and I would recommend noting down key essay phrases you can use in each section of the essay - intro, your points, outro etc! also for the key themes in your book/film find a few synonyms so that you don't end up repeating the same words in the essay. make sure you are keeping up with vocab from your topics - to help me i make quizlet flashcards of each topic and go over them often. and grammar is obviously also important - have like a grammar booklet or cheat sheet kind of thing in your folder with all the tenses you need to know, so you can keep referring to it! but soon you'll know all the tenses off by heart! take your mocks seriously - revise for them in advance and make sure you are doing past paper exam question because that really really helps!

i hope my advice helps in some way! feel free to ask me any more questions :smile:! also, what exam board are you doing?

thanks, i appreciate your help. i’m doing AQA and will also been covering el laberinto del fauno, as well as la casa de bernarda alba. my school has set our class a memrise set that should, hopefully, have lots of of vocab from our topics, but i’m at a bit of a loss on how to get better at listening. i’ve been watching spanish tv but i was wondering if you had any other tips for listening and speaking? thank you.
Original post by yatso
thanks, i appreciate your help. i’m doing AQA and will also been covering el laberinto del fauno, as well as la casa de bernarda alba. my school has set our class a memrise set that should, hopefully, have lots of of vocab from our topics, but i’m at a bit of a loss on how to get better at listening. i’ve been watching spanish tv but i was wondering if you had any other tips for listening and speaking? thank you.

wow we are the exact same!! for listening, i would literally just do as many exercises from the textbook as much as possible! also, listen to spanish songs, see if you can translate the words!! for speaking, team up with someone in your class and commit to meeting up once or twice a week to practise answering questions on the content! does that help?
Reply 8

Hi!! I just started Year 12 and I'm struggling to choose between Spanish and Law A Level and I just wanna ask if you recommend Spanish? I got a 9 at GCSE and I really liked it but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the whole book analysis at A Level as I hated English Lit so I doubt I'd like doing it in another language. Apart from that I like learning languages and I'm good at it but I'm just scared I'll end up hating it
Original post by Aga19
Hi!! I just started Year 12 and I'm struggling to choose between Spanish and Law A Level and I just wanna ask if you recommend Spanish? I got a 9 at GCSE and I really liked it but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the whole book analysis at A Level as I hated English Lit so I doubt I'd like doing it in another language. Apart from that I like learning languages and I'm good at it but I'm just scared I'll end up hating it

hiya the good thing about learning a language is that it's like a combination of the culture, art, history, technology etc! it's very diverse and thats why i like studying it! but what i'd recommend is having a look at the spec for both law and spanish, and see which one caters to you best! do your research and find out which one will help you best with your future career <3 :biggrin:
Hi! I'm in year 11 right now and am really struggling with Spanish GCSE. Its not one a subject I enjoy and no matter how much I revise I can never get great grades especially in writing. I absolutely suck at essays. I'm at a 7 right now but a mark or two lower and I would have gotten a 6. My oral exam is the only reason I got what I got. Any tips to improve my writing? Like what are some phrases I could learn or some websites I could get revision material from? Spanish revision material is so hard to find
Thanks!
Original post by Studentanomaly
Hi! I'm in year 11 right now and am really struggling with Spanish GCSE. Its not one a subject I enjoy and no matter how much I revise I can never get great grades especially in writing. I absolutely suck at essays. I'm at a 7 right now but a mark or two lower and I would have gotten a 6. My oral exam is the only reason I got what I got. Any tips to improve my writing? Like what are some phrases I could learn or some websites I could get revision material from? Spanish revision material is so hard to find
Thanks!

hi! sorry i took long to reply! check out my answer on this thread (i have also mentioned you) - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409669&p=98873779&page=1#post98873779

heyyy !i'm doing a mock speaking exam tomorrow and i'm superrr nervous (i struggle with fear of all public speaking in general which doesn't exactly help but i love languages so i picked spanish and french anyway haha)ok back to the point- do you have any last minute advice, especially for the stimulus card section? i know a lot of spanish and a fair amount of cultural facts but when i'm nervous i just keep having total mind blanks and/or getting everything wrong :frown: tysm xo
Original post by sophiiiiiiie96j
heyyy !i'm doing a mock speaking exam tomorrow and i'm superrr nervous (i struggle with fear of all public speaking in general which doesn't exactly help but i love languages so i picked spanish and french anyway haha)ok back to the point- do you have any last minute advice, especially for the stimulus card section? i know a lot of spanish and a fair amount of cultural facts but when i'm nervous i just keep having total mind blanks and/or getting everything wrong :frown: tysm xo

hiya nice to meet you! that also happens to me a lot! in my opinion, you have to prepare possible questions that may be asked and how you can answer them based on your amazing facts :biggrin:!
Reply 14

i need help on writing and listening exams in yr11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending