The Student Room Group

Transferring from UEL to Goldsmith’s?

Hi,

I just completed psychology foundation year at UEL and am thinking of applying to Goldsmith’s for the rest of my degree.

Has anyone else done this?
Although I really like UEL, I don’t find the course challenging and looking at course specifics, other universities seem to have more assignments and exams. I I worry that finishing my degree at UEL could look bad in the competitive psychology world. I don’t have the grades for the likes of UCL but have done really well in foundation year so I should be able to get into Goldsmith’s. They seem to have a better reputation.

Has anyone studied psychology in Goldsmith’s or UEL? What was it like throughout the year? An idea of the timetable for Godsmiths would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Eímear O'Reilly
Hi,

I just completed psychology foundation year at UEL and am thinking of applying to Goldsmith’s for the rest of my degree.

Has anyone else done this?
Although I really like UEL, I don’t find the course challenging and looking at course specifics, other universities seem to have more assignments and exams. I I worry that finishing my degree at UEL could look bad in the competitive psychology world. I don’t have the grades for the likes of UCL but have done really well in foundation year so I should be able to get into Goldsmith’s. They seem to have a better reputation.

Has anyone studied psychology in Goldsmith’s or UEL? What was it like throughout the year? An idea of the timetable for Godsmiths would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance!

You need to contact admissions and check. they accept second year transferees so people in your position should be fine. You will need the appropriate grades. Just apply through UCAS as normal.

https://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/apply/faq/

To get in contact with the Psychology Society, email [email protected], or for all updates and information, you can join the Facebook group, http://www.facebook.com/GoldPsyNeuroSoc!

Quick Reply

Latest