The Student Room Group

Do Guardian readings think they are reading the truth?

I am really curious about something about Guardian readers. Do they think they are reading the truth? Or do they chose to be blissfully ignorant by reading something postmodern with such blatant bias that plays with statistical parameters to obtain conclusions that are always always aligned with the liberal left view of life? (Whites are evil and non-whites are the best etc.etc.)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Airplanebee2
reading something with such blatant bias

Like your posts.
I am really curious about something...

I don't think you are curious about anything tbh. I think you have simply jumped into an alt-right rabbit hole and don't realise it or don't want to acknowledge it. Still, you do make for good meme material so, you know, keep it up.

conspiracies barrel.jpg
Original post by Axiomasher
I don't think you are curious about anything tbh. I think you have simply jumped into an alt-right rabbit hole and don't realise it or don't want to acknowledge it. Still, you do make for good meme material so, you know, keep it up.

conspiracies barrel.jpg

Oh dear - leftist and Guardianistas seem to spend a lot of effort explaining their adversaries and how everyone is using social constructs that need to be demolished and avoiding addressing any direct points.

So I will put the question very clearly:

Do you Guardian readers really believe the garbage that you are reading that goes against scientific and empirical reality, doing mental gymnastics to claim the impossible, for example that Muslims aren’t responsible for most terrorism when in fact stats prove they are responsible for 95% of it today?

Are you Guardian readers able to address this without mental gymnastics and by looking at yourselves not describing “the far-right enemy”, social-constructs, deconstruction, other people’s reasoning is prejudice or mathematics and empiricism are based on logocentric colonialist male chauvinism?
(edited 6 years ago)
I am really curious about something about Guardian readers. Do they think they are reading the truth? Or do they chose to be blissfully ignorant by reading something postmodern with such blatant bias that plays with statistical parameters to obtain conclusions that are always always aligned with the liberal left view of life? (Whites are evil and non-whites are the best etc.etc.)

Did you learn the word postmodern recently? You've been throwing it around left, right and centre.

Most people who stick to one source of news tend to ignore the bias and almost all sources of news are biased. Daily Mail, Telegraph, the Guardian, The Mirror, etc, are all biased to some extent.

Infowars, which you have shown support of in the past, is heavily biased (and definitely not anything close to "the truth":wink:.

FYI, I do not read the Guardian.
Ok, so you're claiming that 95% of terrorist attacks are perpetrated by Muslims. Is that across all of history or just across 2018 or do you refer to some other time-scale you forgot to mention, seeing as you're being so factual? Is that in the UK, across Europe or the wider World? You need to pin down your factual claims. Once you've specified these things you can tell us where the 'factual' figure of 95% comes from. And, once you've done that, which specific article (or articles) in the Guardian are you taking issue with?
Reply 6

Oh dear - leftist and Guardianistas seem to spend a lot of effort explaining their adversaries and how everyone is using social constructs that need to be demolished and avoiding addressing any direct points.

So I will put the question very clearly:

Do you Guardian readers really believe the garbage that you are reading that goes against scientific and empirical reality, doing mental gymnastics to claim the impossible, for example that Muslims aren’t responsible for most terrorism when in fact stats prove they are responsible for 95% of it today?

Are you Guardian readers able to address this without mental gymnastics and by looking at yourselves not describing “the far-right enemy”, social-constructs, deconstruction, other people’s reasoning is prejudice or mathematics and empiricism are based on logocentric colonialist male chauvinism?

Is 1970+ postmodern?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bro, if you don't completely trust The Guardian, that makes you an alt-right troll.

The Student Room's many smug, left-wing, pseudo-intellectuals will be happy to prove it. Don't go bashing the sacred texts.
Original post by Axiomasher
Ok, so you're claiming that 95% of terrorist attacks are perpetrated by Muslims. Is that across all of history or just across 2018 or do you refer to some other time-scale you forgot to mention, seeing as you're being so factual? Is that in the UK, across Europe or the wider World? You need to pin down your factual claims. Once you've specified these things you can tell us where the 'factual' figure of 95% comes from. And, once you've done that, which specific article (or articles) in the Guardian are you taking issue with?

95% of terrorism today in 2018 is from ISIS, Boko Haram and Taliban according to Wikipedia article called “terrorism”. I don’t just use terrorism.
It is just one item of many that the liberal left have a systematic propensity to deny. They have a property to deny anything negative that applies to what they see a a group that suffers from oppression. So additionally they can’t deal with the Rotherham incident, authorities turning a blind eye to Muslim grooming, they can’t deal with black gangs responsible for London stabbings, they can’t deal with the European refugee sexual assault epidemic.

So really the only point here to get a Guardianista to state why they can’t deal with these and want to twist these facts into something else.
Original post by Dandaman1
Bro, if you don't completely trust The Guardian, that makes you an alt-right troll.

The Student Room's many smug, left-wing, pseudo-intellectuals will be happy to prove it. Don't go bashing the sacred texts.

I’m deconstructing the social construct that is the Guardian.
Original post by Dandaman1

I know your joking (at least I hope you are) but don't encourage them.

OP is just an idiot...
Original post by Doonesbury
Like your posts.

Theres a difference between having an opinion and misrepresenting facts in a non-opinion based piece
It's a truth. Doesn't mean it's the truth.
Reply 13
Original post by SHallowvale
Infowars, which you have shown support of in the past, is heavily biased (and definitely not anything close to "the truth":wink:.

He watches Infowars? Lmao that explains his posts
Reply 14
95% of terrorism today in 2018 is from ISIS, Boko Haram and Taliban according to Wikipedia article called “terrorism”. I don’t just use terrorism.

95% in 2018? Where does Wikipedia say that? Linky...
Original post by k.n.h.
He watches Infowars? Lmao that explains his posts

Right, attempting to smearing, the bastion of the left is still not answering my question. Why do you read news that negates true facts ?
Why do you read news that negates true facts ?

Why do you?
Original post by Doonesbury
95% in 2018? Where does Wikipedia say that? Linky...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

214AF961-B68D-4863-88E5-F9D9AA121A0D.jpg.jpeg
Reply 18
Right, attempting to smearing, the bastion of the left is still not answering my question. Why do you read news that negates true facts ?

I haven't declared my political stance, and I don't read the Guardian. Just observing (and poking a bit of fun) your posts are of a similar nature to Infowars. I also think you need to realize that people aren't divided by a collective group with the same political views you seem to believe by constantly calling those who oppose you 'the left'.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19

And, pray tell, what date was on that chart? 2018? Don't think so...

Also that's not a chart of all terrorism, it's just the main groups in that year (which wasn;t 2018).

And if you total the number of deaths caused by those groups it's 16,475. Whereas globally there were 28,328 deaths by terrorism worldwide. So even from your groups it's 58% of global terrorism, not 95%.

Source: https://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2015/257526.htm

And how many of them were in the West, as opposed to local terrorism in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and Nigeria?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending