The Student Room Group

A Level Politics Revision

I am really struggling to revise politics, I feel like none of it has gone in. Can anyone give advice/suggest or share resources? I’m not particularly interested in the subject but I have an offer from York to study literature so I need a B in politics.

I have barely memorised any facts and I don’t know where to look for them or what is relevant. I am doing UK and US politics, Pearson Edexcel exam board. Thank you!
For politics id recommend doing a lot of practice papers to get you into the style of the way the questions are worded. Also using flashcards/sticky notes to remember key facts or stats and looking over these everyday is important Also YouTube and quizlet are good for some lighter revision. U can make ur own quizlets or their will probably be some already pre-made.
U said u havent memorised any facts- mabye have a look at the resources u hv bee given ie ur notes and pick out the key facts and then see if u can find some online for each topic/header.dont try and learn loads tho as u might get them mixed up but focus on learning a few really well. Hope this helps a bit and good luck😊
Original post by ebyrne2036
For politics id recommend doing a lot of practice papers to get you into the style of the way the questions are worded. Also using flashcards/sticky notes to remember key facts or stats and looking over these everyday is important Also YouTube and quizlet are good for some lighter revision. U can make ur own quizlets or their will probably be some already pre-made.
U said u havent memorised any facts- mabye have a look at the resources u hv bee given ie ur notes and pick out the key facts and then see if u can find some online for each topic/header.dont try and learn loads tho as u might get them mixed up but focus on learning a few really well. Hope this helps a bit and good luck😊

Thank you so much, this is really helpful.
Original post by FreyjaCook2005
I am really struggling to revise politics, I feel like none of it has gone in. Can anyone give advice/suggest or share resources? I’m not particularly interested in the subject but I have an offer from York to study literature so I need a B in politics.

I have barely memorised any facts and I don’t know where to look for them or what is relevant. I am doing UK and US politics, Pearson Edexcel exam board. Thank you!

I also do politics too, but AQA so will have some similar stuff. I really like seneca learning and there is also a free course for edexcel politics too : https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/187b17d0-dbde-4633-8fc0-0a556c3291b1

good luck and feel free to pm me if you need any help 🙂
Original post by FreyjaCook2005

I also do edexcel! I get As- A*s so I think I can help :3 First, if you're able too, take a look at where you struggle the most in the papers, how is your essay writing? Next, take a look at your text book and read through each topic page by page, read one page at a time, when you've finished it, close the text book and try to summarise everything you just read. Then make a powerpoint explaining the topic! if you have someone you can show it too it really helps the info go in. Then when you've finished the topic attempt some short essay questions (I can send you some if you need them). Also, read newspapers regularly, (a mix is good, I suggest the BBC, Guardian and maybe the Times), Podcasts (americast on bbc sounds, even listening to the daily news brief is good, try getting into some philosophy if you can) Also this website is great for some further context to write about in your exams, it also explains how to structure essays! https://thepoliticsteacherorg.thepoliticsteacher.org/home if you do this for every topic you can deffo get a B or maybe even higher. Let me know if this helps! <3 ps: I forgot that seneca has the whole of edexcel politics so if you just wanna memorise things deffo go on there: https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/187b17d0-dbde-4633-8fc0-0a556c3291b1
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest