The Student Room Group

CIE A-level Chemistry 2018

Hi,
I couldn't find anything for CIE so I was just wondering how people found paper 5 on Tuesday? And how everyone is feeling for the upcoming exams
Reply 1
I did paper 52, which I found pretty good butttt really dreading paper 4.I know the syllabus but the questions they ask for organic chem (which is half of the paper most of the time) and polymerisation are just too hard? ugh just hoping it goes well :/ how did you find paper 5?
Reply 2
Original post by butwhyme
I did paper 52, which I found pretty good butttt really dreading paper 4.I know the syllabus but the questions they ask for organic chem (which is half of the paper most of the time) and polymerisation are just too hard? ugh just hoping it goes well :/ how did you find paper 5?

I did 51, it was quite nice, we had electrolysis of Copper Sulphate which was a relief. Our second one did a reaction of some benzene compound ion with water to produce a nitrogen gas and asked a half life which I messed up.
I am also dreading the paper 4 organics, I just cannot remember the reactions and reagents! I have paper 2 tomorrow and just working on that right now
Reply 3
Original post by JordyLeigh
I did 51, it was quite nice, we had electrolysis of Copper Sulphate which was a relief. Our second one did a reaction of some benzene compound ion with water to produce a nitrogen gas and asked a half life which I messed up.
I am also dreading the paper 4 organics, I just cannot remember the reactions and reagents! I have paper 2 tomorrow and just working on that right now

same, I am doing p2 tomorrow (took chemistry again this year after dropping it last year). Your paper 5 sounds a lot harder than how ours went tbh; we had a question about electrolysis but it was mostly just calculating moles and the second question is about an experiment conducting the boiling point of glucose (more or less something like that). All the best for tomorrow!
Reply 4
Original post by butwhyme
same, I am doing p2 tomorrow (took chemistry again this year after dropping it last year). Your paper 5 sounds a lot harder than how ours went tbh; we had a question about electrolysis but it was mostly just calculating moles and the second question is about an experiment conducting the boiling point of glucose (more or less something like that). All the best for tomorrow!

Good luck to you too! I am so nervous about the organic side
hey all, how was paper 2
Original post by maryam200pol
hey all, how was paper 2

i did paper 22 and i found it pretty easy
Original post by 1234123456785678
i did paper 22 and i found it pretty easy

i did 22 as well and i was pleasantly surprised...no equilibrium, no enthalpy, no rate of reaction and the organic portion was mostly based on factual recall. Still i dont want to be too optimistic bc the thresholds are probably gonna be v high. And i bet paper 1 and 3 are gonna be hard af.
i did 22 as well and i was pleasantly surprised...no equilibrium, no enthalpy, no rate of reaction and the organic portion was mostly based on factual recall. Still i dont want to be too optimistic bc the thresholds are probably gonna be v high. And i bet paper 1 and 3 are gonna be hard af.

yeah same but honestly it’s a relief cause at least i feel like i’ve done well even if the grade boundaries are high
Reply 9

I haven't done paper 2 yet, I have it this afternoon! I have 21 though
yeah same but honestly it’s a relief cause at least i feel like i’ve done well even if the grade boundaries are high

what other subjects are you doing for as
what other subjects are you doing for as

bio chem physics and math(mechanics module) wbu
Reply 12
What did come up in paper 22?
bio chem physics and math(mechanics module) wbu

oh wow..you must be under tons of pressure doing 4..
bio and chem for as and I'm taking maths as a linear course but yeah, how do you cope??
im international zone 4 student and it was damn easy, we had literally nitrogen reactions, group 2 , periodicity and organic literally that was it
can you remember question 3 ii and about threshold do u think there gonna go above 100
Reply 16
I have Paper 4 in Thursday but in Wednesday I have Maths C1 and Biology Paper 2&5 😭

Original post by kinanalia123
can you remember question 3 ii and about threshold do u think there gonna go above 100

Im not sure to be honest, it was a little weird
Reply 17
How did you guys find CIE A-level chem Paper 4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending