The Student Room Group

AQA AS Economics May 14th [Exam Discussion]

How do people feel about the exam today? Which context did you do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amha
How do people feel about the exam today? Which context did you do?

context 2. everything was okay except the 25 marker
and the ppf diagram for context 2, did you shift it?
Original post by basbousa
and the ppf diagram for context 2, did you shift it?

I did context two as well. I swifted the first bit but I didn’t the second good
what did you do for the data analysis and 25 marker? i ran out of time so i couldnt even write a conclusion
Reply 5
I did context 1 but I waffled on the 25 marker. :/
context 2. everything was okay except the 25 marker

Hi, what were both 25 markers about?
I did Context 2 and found most of it pretty good. The PPF diagram I wasn't sure about and the essay went well, but I couldn't get a judgment in, in my conclusion. If I did everything else apart from a judgment, will I get capped?
What did you talk about in the 25marker
Subsidies, free market, conclusion.
Original post by Amha
What did you talk about in the 25marker
Original post by Karan_Khera

What was the question about and what did u argue for free market?
Reply 11

I wrote the same things but i picked context one😂
Original post by anon56431
What was the question about and what did u argue for free market?

I argued that food is an inelastic good that is necessary, so people will pay for it anyway. I also said intervention bares the risk of government failure with high financial costs which could affect other markets (opportunity cost). For my however, I said there is an equity issue, as the good helps people and improves economic welfare.
I argued that food is an inelastic good that is necessary, so people will pay for it anyway. I also said intervention bares the risk of government failure with high financial costs which could affect other markets (opportunity cost). For my however, I said there is an equity issue, as the good helps people and improves economic welfare.

Sounds like you know your stuff. What was the question asking u to do? And do u know what the other 25 marker was about?
I wrote about how the government should subsidise technology etc to agricultural firms bc the high price means that food prices will be higher lack of economic welfare etc. but for evaluation i said the opportunity cost + excess supply
the rest of it i waffled i was talked about the negative externalities associated with the production, but then i said it would lead to government failure because taxing the firms negative externalities would mean a reduction in the produce of agricultural goods, depends on a value judgement made by the government
i talked about how organic food is a merit good???? idek why i talked about that i did so badly i think i literally got 10
Reply 15
did everyone get £14 per person (to the nearest pound) in context 1?
Hi, what were both 25 markers about?

idk about context 1 but context 2 was on government intervention in agricultural sector
Reply 17
I
Sounds like you know your stuff. What was the question asking u to do? And do u know what the other 25 marker was about?

It was about if government should provide public libraries?
I did the free market paragraph that if it’s let in their hands we would have a missing market and stuff but I didn’t conclude anything.
idk about context 1 but context 2 was on government intervention in agricultural sector

I think context two was easier than context one
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Amha
Context 2

what did you write for context 2? 25 marker and 10 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending