The Student Room Group

Only answer if you’ve done these a level and exambaord

Eduqas Computer Science,Aqa Sociology,Aqa Psychology,Edexcel Business,Aqa Economics and also which are also but not as much ocr law and edexcel politics but apparently for those 2 is very hard content and you got to learn a lot and read a lot which hate like i hate English lit
Reply 1
i take aqa psych and i like it, did you have any specific questions?
Original post by Brianstudy01
Eduqas Computer Science,Aqa Sociology,Aqa Psychology,Edexcel Business,Aqa Economics and also which are also but not as much ocr law and edexcel politics but apparently for those 2 is very hard content and you got to learn a lot and read a lot which hate like i hate English lit

Apparently you also hate punctuation and general sentence structure...

Right, you are looking for advice on what A-Levels to take. You are looking at the following options:

Eduqas: computer science
AQA: sociology, psychology, economics
Edexcel: business

You are also looking at the following options, but aren't very keen on them:
OCR: law
Edexcel: politics

Am I correct?

I did AQA psychology. Do you have any specific questions about the subject? :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
Apparently you also hate punctuation and general sentence structure...

Right, you are looking for advice on what A-Levels to take. You are looking at the following options:

Eduqas: computer science
AQA: sociology, psychology, economics
Edexcel: business

You are also looking at the following options, but aren't very keen on them:
OCR: law
Edexcel: politics

Am I correct?

I did AQA psychology. Do you have any specific questions about the subject? :smile:

Yep how is it like did you find it difficult or easy and tell me about it and what other a levels did you take and did you find psych the funnest and easiest???
Yep how is it like did you find it difficult or easy and tell me about it and what other a levels did you take and did you find psych the funnest and easiest???

I did AQA Psychology and found it really enjoyable, but it really depends on the person. I'm really interested in psychology and I would like to pursue it as a career, so my interest and passion for the subject is what made it quite easy for me in my opinion. I've had A/A*s throughout the course (I'm nearing the end of my 2nd year now), but it took a lot of effort for me to achieve. I spent time pre-reading content before we learnt it and reviewing it after, which meant I retained the information better and didn't have to revise as much, although I think the structure of AQA Psychology makes it fairly simple to revise. However, a lot of my classmates who aren't particularly invested in the course content and only took it because it seemed less boring than other options have found it quite difficult. Also, if you're not big on writing lots, you may find it difficult as, whilst the biggest exam question is only 16 marks (1.5-2.5 pages of writing) you will have to do a lot of note-taking to fully understand the content. All in all, I would wholeheartedly recommend the subject, but I would encourage you to consider the learning style involved and if you are truly interested in the course. It might be a good idea to attend an open day at a college/sixth form and discuss this further with a psychology lecturer as they will be able to help you figure out if the course is for you or not. As for other subjects, I took AQA Sociology and Edexcel Business, which both go really well with psychology. Sociology is much easier in terms of content, but involves lots more writing and business also has big essays and quite a bit of content. As you mentioned you weren't a big fan of lots of writing and content to learn, I would recommend that you also look at courses outside of A-Levels, as they generally tend to be very writing/content heavy, unless you go for creative (e.g. Art) or technical?/practical (e.g. Physics, Computer Science) subjects. Additionally, you should consider if you plan on going to university, as A-Levels would be useful in that case, but a vocational course may be better if you plan to start working straight out of college/sixth form. Sorry for the super wordy answer, but I hope it helps. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by mayisnotokay
I did AQA Psychology and found it really enjoyable, but it really depends on the person. I'm really interested in psychology and I would like to pursue it as a career, so my interest and passion for the subject is what made it quite easy for me in my opinion. I've had A/A*s throughout the course (I'm nearing the end of my 2nd year now), but it took a lot of effort for me to achieve. I spent time pre-reading content before we learnt it and reviewing it after, which meant I retained the information better and didn't have to revise as much, although I think the structure of AQA Psychology makes it fairly simple to revise. However, a lot of my classmates who aren't particularly invested in the course content and only took it because it seemed less boring than other options have found it quite difficult. Also, if you're not big on writing lots, you may find it difficult as, whilst the biggest exam question is only 16 marks (1.5-2.5 pages of writing) you will have to do a lot of note-taking to fully understand the content. All in all, I would wholeheartedly recommend the subject, but I would encourage you to consider the learning style involved and if you are truly interested in the course. It might be a good idea to attend an open day at a college/sixth form and discuss this further with a psychology lecturer as they will be able to help you figure out if the course is for you or not. As for other subjects, I took AQA Sociology and Edexcel Business, which both go really well with psychology. Sociology is much easier in terms of content, but involves lots more writing and business also has big essays and quite a bit of content. As you mentioned you weren't a big fan of lots of writing and content to learn, I would recommend that you also look at courses outside of A-Levels, as they generally tend to be very writing/content heavy, unless you go for creative (e.g. Art) or technical?/practical (e.g. Physics, Computer Science) subjects. Additionally, you should consider if you plan on going to university, as A-Levels would be useful in that case, but a vocational course may be better if you plan to start working straight out of college/sixth form. Sorry for the super wordy answer, but I hope it helps. Good luck!

Like I’ve heard sociology is more writing then sociology and psychology is easier to revise and get better grade then sociology and out of your a levels which you find easiest and hardest and why and which do you recommend and do you have any friends that have took any of the subjects I listed with the exam boards thankss???

In comparison to my other A-Levels (chemistry and physics), it was a 'walk in the park'. However, like any other A-Level it does require hard work. It is essay-heavy and requires lots of memorisation, so if that isn't your forte (which you say it isn't) I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Another point: you come across very desperate in your posts. This isn't the way you should be choosing your A-Levels. Would you like help in making a decision?

Quick Reply

Latest