The Student Room Group

AQA Triple Chemistry Paper1

What did everyone think of the paper? I'm getting mixed responses really, people are either saying it's really hard or really easy. I found it alright really, there were a couple questions i got stuck on but overall it was fine. At the same time i can see how some people think it was hard
I actually thought it went relatively well.
medium say i got about 60% and it wasnt too bad but it was NOT an easy paper and anyone who says it was, well...
Original post by RainDancess
medium say i got about 60% and it wasnt too bad but it was NOT an easy paper and anyone who says it was, well...

Yeah ik. I dont think ive failed it but it definitely wasnt easy. It was no easier than the specimen papers. People just like to say things were easy to feel superior.
Original post by Nihilisticb*tch
Yeah ik. I dont think ive failed it but it definitely wasnt easy. It was no easier than the specimen papers. People just like to say things were easy to feel superior.

Or said person found it easy - it's a matter of opinion. What did you find difficult? I'm curious.

In my personal opinion, AQA have very cleverly made a way to seperate the people of which understand chemistry and can apply it from the people who revise hard and dont really understand it.
I personally can see why others would find it hard, they threw a lot of sneaky questions in there that I my self was rather lucky to catch on to it. But overall i thought the exam was relatively easy, although i have loved physics and chemistry since i was young so i have a general interest and can learn it and enjoy it.
Original post by SeanClark
In my personal opinion, AQA have very cleverly made a way to seperate the people of which understand chemistry and can apply it from the people who revise hard and dont really understand it.
I personally can see why others would find it hard, they threw a lot of sneaky questions in there that I my self was rather lucky to catch on to it. But overall i thought the exam was relatively easy, although i have loved physics and chemistry since i was young so i have a general interest and can learn it and enjoy it.

I have to agree with you. The questions were very much asking you to apply knowledge to a different situation than what youre used to. Thats really what separates the men from the boys as they say. I found it alright but i can see that objectively it was fairly challenging
Original post by BickyRerwick
Or said person found it easy - it's a matter of opinion. What did you find difficult? I'm curious.

I didnt find it difficult but i can see that it was objectively not an easy paper. It was challenging but doable but not for everyone. People who say it was an easy paper are just wrong because it wasnt objectively an easy paper. I found it alright but i can see how someone might find it difficult, especially if they hadnt revised the same things as me. I was lucky in that i had revised electrolysis and crystalisation literally just before the exam, if i hadnt i would have found those questions difficult. Saying it was an easy paper because you found it easy is inconsiderate to people who found it difficult and is a fallacy in itself
Reply 8
does anyone remember the titration question.
i think i got something like 0.0593
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the Chemistry forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:
I didnt find it difficult but i can see that it was objectively not an easy paper. It was challenging but doable but not for everyone. People who say it was an easy paper are just wrong because it wasnt objectively an easy paper. I found it alright but i can see how someone might find it difficult, especially if they hadnt revised the same things as me. I was lucky in that i had revised electrolysis and crystalisation literally just before the exam, if i hadnt i would have found those questions difficult. Saying it was an easy paper because you found it easy is inconsiderate to people who found it difficult and is a fallacy in itself

And I'll counter your paragraph with a no - it IS an opinion...

Quick Reply

Latest