The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa french writing 2018

I Feel like i am going to flop this exam. I tried going through a few things and i looked at the specimen paper and i was not able to write that much. Probably like a few sentences that were so basic. :/

Scroll to see replies

Same lmaoo writing is so hard and I can’t remember any tenses
If you did well in your speaking reading and listening you should at least try to get half mark.
I'm negl, I literally know nothing about French writing. I'm pretty sure I got 11/60 on the mocks. I feel like I did decent in speaking, reading and listening. What should I do for writing? Learn some phrases in different tenses and just lean vocab? I'm foundation btw.
The foundation listening speaking and reading was kinda easy. I need a 4/5 in French so I am aiming for half marks in each paper at least.
Revise your tenses - like how to form sentences in past, present and future.
Go over some key vocabulary
Maybe try a few writing tasks tonight
ture
Original post by Fazzy_77
Revise your tenses - like how to form sentences in past, present and future.
Go over some key vocabulary
Maybe try a few writing tasks tonight

What kind of structure will the exam paper be?
Reply 7
You get to chose either 1.1 or 1.2 and that’s a 90 wonder then you have 2.1 or 2.2 and it’s 150 worder and then a translation paragraph- this is for HIGHER I’m not sure about foundation I think they have like 5 sentences to translate and do a 40 and 90 worder
does someone know a good subjunctive phrase to put in?
Reply 9
Some subjunctive I know from the top of my head:
Bien que je sois - Even though I am ...
Bien que j'aie - Even though I have
Je voudrais qu'il soit - I would like for him to be
Remember general phrases that can fit into any topic in order to fill the majoritt of your essay and then sprinkle in a bit of words specific to the question so it doesnt make you completely off topic
i speak french, i get grade 8 in reading, listening and speaking, but writing? 3's lol
The best thing now is to just go over the tenses- that's what I had to do today and once you learn or just go over them French looks so much more simpler!
The other thing is to practice as much as you can- I know we don't have much time but just do at least one or two questions of each and get yourself more confident with French- you will feel so much more confident in the actual exam tomorrow if you do this.
Remember that speaking and writing are those aspects of French in which you can show off to the examiners so try to include as much complex structures as you can. If need be, plan which ones you would definitely include tomorrow and practice them and in the exam tomorrow, just write them up on another paper and tick them as you go along.
Original post by jamesgillian123

à condition que (Provided that)
pour que (so that)
avant que (before doing something)
jusqu'a ce que (Until...)
C'est dommage que (Its a shame that)
Or something like:
Bien que j'aie fait mes devoirs, ma mère a dit qu'elle préférerait si je suis resté à la maison- peut-être je peux sortir avec mes copains demain
*I'm in yr9 by the way, but my school makes us do option subjects each year to reduce stress in year 11, pray for me tomorrow guys
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Does anyone know what kind of topics can come up, I’m hoping for holidays and school but they are both on the specimen paper.
Original post by jamesgillian123

You could use 'Espérer que' with pouvoir in the subjunctive. E. G. J'espère que je puisse essayer ___ bientôt. I hope that I can try ____ soon.
Original post by peeked
Does anyone know what kind of topics can come up, I’m hoping for holidays and school but they are both on the specimen paper.

Did you do higher or foundation? On foundation both school and holidays came upp :wink:)
Reply 17
Original post by Nimra026
Did you do higher or foundation? On foundation both school and holidays came upp :wink:)

I did higher but it was still pretty decent topics, got holidays and then like ‘the important of money and shopping’ which sound hard but I found it alright
Original post by cyclonedrone
I Feel like i am going to flop this exam. I tried going through a few things and i looked at the specimen paper and i was not able to write that much. Probably like a few sentences that were so basic. :/
I found the writing easy. they put one really hard question and one easier for 1 and 2
The french exam was a breezeee.
I barely revised for it, as I was prioritising other subjects and it wasnt actually hard. Like, the topics were easy and the questions asked were actually straightforward. You just had to make sure you include negatives, first and third person, and the three tenses to get like a high four and words like malheureusement or heureusement to begin sentences to make them sound more complex. I just hope the grade boundaries are low

Quick Reply

Latest