The Student Room Group

AQA Government and Politics 3A 11th June 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme

How did everyone find the exam? If you can remember the questions, list them below!
Political parties:

Outline and identify the factions within the Republican Party (10 marks)

Examine the impact that third parties and independent candidates have within US politics (30 marks)

Pressure groups:

Examine the significance of direct action (10 marks)

Evaluate the factors which can determine a pressure groups success (30 marks)

Not word for word but...
Reply 2
I did those two. Can anyone remember the electoral systems one?
Reply 3
Yes, I done electoral systems and political parties.

Electoral Systems:
Explain the important of televised debates in the presidential nomination process. (10 Marks)
The advantages of primary elections in the presidential candidate selection process are greater than their disadvantages. (30 Marks)

Original post by FM120100
I did those two. Can anyone remember the electoral systems one?
For GOV3A, the 30 marker on pressure groups. If I spoke about federalism and direct democracy in the US such as initiatives, would this be classed as a synoptic element as it is concepts from other sections of the course?
Original post by simon7890
For GOV3A, the 30 marker on pressure groups. If I spoke about federalism and direct democracy in the US such as initiatives, would this be classed as a synoptic element as it is concepts from other sections of the course?

Synopticity regards comparisons to the UK, in the mark scheme it also says to bring in concepts from other units of study which you will be credited for but will not come under synoptic links
Original post by shannonemily123
Synopticity regards comparisons to the UK, in the mark scheme it also says to bring in concepts from other units of study which you will be credited for but will not come under synoptic links

So without a UK reference how many marks am I looking at losing even if my essay was good?
Original post by simon7890
So without a UK reference how many marks am I looking at losing even if my essay was good?

If you have addressed all other parts of the question well, you will be looking at around a bad 3 on the mark scheme for AO1 (which requires synopticity) which ranges from 7-9 marks. If you included synopticity and addressed the question well, you’d have probably been in band 4 for AO1 which is from 10-12 marks. So not many.
9E7CE6C7-F6A3-45FA-AD98-8E9F2AB401EA.png
Original post by 11LOrmston
Yes, I done electoral systems and political parties.

Electoral Systems:
Explain the important of televised debates in the presidential nomination process. (10 Marks)
The advantages of primary elections in the presidential candidate selection process are greater than their disadvantages. (30 Marks)

Are you sure it was on presidential nomination process, I thought it was on presidential elections and I’m scared I’ve talked about the wrong thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending