The Student Room Group

AQA 2018 A Level Sociology paper 2

How does the layout of the second paper work? Are you given multiple options from both section A and section B or do you not have a choice of which topic from which section to answer? For example if in section A there are 4 topics, do i have the freedom to choose which topic i answer or will i have to answer a certain topic? Please can someone help because i am very confused.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilysyds
How does the layout of the second paper work? Are you given multiple options from both section A and section B or do you not have a choice of which topic from which section to answer? For example if in section A there are 4 topics, do i have the freedom to choose which topic i answer or will i have to answer a certain topic? Please can someone help because i am very confused.

ask your teacher or from section A pick the subject topic you've learnt and do the same for part b
Does anyone have any prediction for paper 2. I'm doing families and household alongside beliefs in society?
Reply 3
Original post by Mustafalegend1
Does anyone have any prediction for paper 2. I'm doing families and household alongside beliefs in society?

I'm doing the same! Possibly a 20 marker on secularisation or religious fundamentalism. Unlikely to be on religion as a force for change or theories of religion. Who know for the 10 markers, could be anything.
For Families and Households we have been told could be a 20 marker on theories of the family or couples. For 10 markers they seem keen on globalisation and postmodernism this year.

Hope this helps
Does anyone know what was in this year's AS for paper 2?? (For families and households and beliefs in society)
****ing hell i have 5 hours to learn all of this ****
Reply 6
How was paper 2 everyone?
I do families and households, and media.

Anyone else doing media I’m so glad the hypodermic syringe came up!

The families and households but I wasn’t too happy about but I still answers the questions ok-ish.

I also found it really hard to put sociologists down but I could identify what a Marxist would think or feminist overall.

Could have gone better, could have been a lot worse
Reply 7
Original post by G1na

The families and households but I wasn’t too happy about but I still answers the questions ok-ish.

I also found it really hard to put sociologists down but I could identify what a Marxist would think or feminist overall.

I honestly thought i was screwed, the funny thing is that i found the whole thing sort of in between easy and hard so i had an easier time answering some than others. I did Families Households and Global Development, i was so worried that i wasn’t going to be able to answer any of the questions but luckily the global development was mainly Aid and Trade which just happened to be the topics that I studied heavily on yesterday!
Anyone do religion? I found it incredibly hard! Forgot was globalisation was, found the second question really hard and the last question confused me:frown:((
Anyone do religion? Anyone else find it incredibly hard?!
Original post by samroberts2445
Anyone do religion? Anyone else find it incredibly hard?!

I thought religion was ok actually, but the 10 markers seemed quite similar so I think I repeated myself a bit. The 20 marker wasn't the best but I don't think I screwed it too much.
Reply 11
What was the questions for families and household and beliefs in society

Please state clearly with marks
Original post by samroberts2445
Anyone do religion? I found it incredibly hard! Forgot was globalisation was, found the second question really hard and the last question confused me:frown:((

i winged it
i hadnt revised properly for beliefs but it wasnt too bad
globalisation is the increasing interconnectedness of society such as immigration, the iternet etc.
fam and households had some good questions tbh
families and households:2 government policies that have impacted family structures (10 marks)how demographic trends have affected childhood (10marks) how choice for personal relationships have led to family life being less important (20marks)religion: how has globalisation affected religious beliefs and practices (10marks)i don’t remember this question sorry :biggrin:evaluate the view that spiritual beliefs have compensated for secularisation in the uk (20 marks)
Original post by selinee.x
families and households:2 government policies that have impacted family structures (10 marks)how demographic trends have affected childhood (10marks) how choice for personal relationships have led to family life being less important (20marks)religion: how has globalisation affected religious beliefs and practices (10marks)i don’t remember this question sorry :biggrin:evaluate the view that spiritual beliefs have compensated for secularisation in the uk (20 marks)

I did beliefs and family!

Honestly I don't think the paper was THAT bad, but for me it was the wording of the questions that confused me!

The 20 marker for family "personal relationships making family less important" with the postmodernist item. Confused me so much xD and family is my strongest area over beliefs...
Hi,
I also do families and media. I dont think my exam went to well as I found it quite hard but i did attempt all the questions.
what points did you mention in the first questions and policies and family structure and what did you mention in the postmodernism question - i found that quite hard.
Original post by G1na

Original post by minivampire

Honestly I don't think the paper was THAT bad, but for me it was the wording of the questions that confused me!

The 20 marker for family "personal relationships making family less important" with the postmodernist item. Confused me so much xD and family is my strongest area over beliefs...

i didn’t like the paper at all!! 😢😢it didn’t surprise me though because paper 1 was really good so of course they would make one of the papers hard.

What did you write for the 20 marker? my answer was shambles
Original post by selinee.x
i didn’t like the paper at all!! 😢😢it didn’t surprise me though because paper 1 was really good so of course they would make one of the papers hard.

What did you write for the 20 marker? my answer was shambles

I loved paper 1 so much! :biggrin:

Mhm..I'd love to say I remember, I waffled so much.
Just saying what postmodernists say, feminist, functionalist, marxists.
That the position of women is changing so they go into paid work more.
Then welfare and policies support the family e.g. nhs and care homes, so we don't havr much responsibility anymore.
That women are having children later in life.
And some other bits..

Honestly I dont know... I only did 14 pages :frown:
Original post by Uglyckm
What was the questions for families and household and beliefs in society

Please state clearly with marks

Families and Households:
1) Outline and explain two ways in which government policies may affect family structures. (10 marks)
2) Analyse two reasons why demographic factors may have changed the nature of childhood in the UK since 1900. (10 marks)
3) Evaluate the extent to which individual choice in personal relationships has reduced the importance of family life in the UK. (20 marks)
Reply 19
Original post by minivampire

Neither did I, I think I am one of the small minority of people who actually thought was a pretty, good, decent paper, there was some mishaps with the wording but it wasnt too bad...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending