The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Accomodation for a student at st andrews

please i have just 400 pounds for accomodation, how can i get a room?
A month? Probably halls is the only option, If St.Andrews does offer private accomodation off campus it would be expensive i would imagine since its just a tiny college town. Its not like even a medium sized city.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Realitysreflexx
A month? Probably halls is the only option, If St.Andrews does offer private accomodation off campus it would be expensive i would imagine since its just a tiny college town. Its not like even a medium sized city.

yes it's a month. school accomodation is very expensive, I can't stay there
Original post by Tooochi1
yes it's a month. school accomodation is very expensive, I can't stay there

Yea its very pricey, universities do this especially if they know there is no competition around.

Your going to need to get parental help. A budget of £4,000 is well short for that university, as there is nothing around it the university knows it has the monopoly on students. Also being such a small uni hurts also, as profit margins for investors arent there. Likely one of the worst situations for finding cheap accomodation, similar to London honestly.
Reply 4
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Yea its very pricey, universities do this especially if they know there is no competition around.

Your going to need to get parental help. A budget of £4,000 is well short for that university, as there is nothing around it the university knows it has the monopoly on students. Also being such a small uni hurts also, as profit margins for investors arent there. Likely one of the worst situations for finding cheap accomodation, similar to London honestly.

Thanks for your response, I will seek houses in other cities like dundee or cupar, I have no one to turn to for additional funds, I will make do of what I have.
Original post by Tooochi1
please i have just 400 pounds for accomodation, how can i get a room?

If you have a household income below 34k, you could have applied for an accommodation award (£1500) or bursary (£1500). But you may have missed the deadline now.
Reply 6
Original post by Capricancer
If you have a household income below 34k, you could have applied for an accommodation award (£1500) or bursary (£1500). But you may have missed the deadline now.

Well that opportunity is gone now
There are other scholarships still open, which you should definitely apply to. If you're looking at renting in Cupar/Dundee, don't forget to add in the cost of travel. You can get a discounted bus pass (https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regionaltickets/east-scotland/st-andrews-cupar-and-the-east-neuk/unirider) as a student.

There's also Guardbridge and Leuchars which are on the bus route and slightly closer to St Andrews
Reply 8
Original post by la_banane_verte
There are other scholarships still open, which you should definitely apply to. If you're looking at renting in Cupar/Dundee, don't forget to add in the cost of travel. You can get a discounted bus pass (https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regionaltickets/east-scotland/st-andrews-cupar-and-the-east-neuk/unirider) as a student.

There's also Guardbridge and Leuchars which are on the bus route and slightly closer to St Andrews

Thanks for your comments. I will utilise the information therein.

Meanwhile if u see any room adverts in those regions, please inform me.
Sorry but I don't connect my actual profiles with my TSR profile. I'm happy to try answer any questions you have here though.
Reply 12
Original post by la_banane_verte
Sorry but I don't connect my actual profiles with my TSR profile. I'm happy to try answer any questions you have here though.

Alright, Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending