The Student Room Group

Are the CGP headstart to A-level physics worth it?

Look at the reviews. Some are 2nd hand on ebay. Not much saving.
Maybe buy one and make your own mind up. Dont like it then resell it.

A lot of my friends said it was useful. I'd recommend it for light reading over the summer.
I don't see how it would help any more than just reading the actual year 1 A-Level content book for your exam board, they start assuming GCSE knowledge.
I would recommend the revision guide with this headstart book. I think it would work well by first reading the headstart and keep practising with exercise and the revision guide , which it’ll allow you to firm up the knowledge you learn. (Sorry about my English )
Reply 5
Original post by Tomfung01
I would recommend the revision guide with this headstart book. I think it would work well by first reading the headstart and keep practising with exercise and the revision guide , which it’ll allow you to firm up the knowledge you learn. (Sorry about my English )

This revision guide? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1782942815/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6

edit: I meant this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Level-Physics-Complete-Revision-Practice/dp/1782943064/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1532379028&sr=1-1&keywords=a+level+physics+cgp

I suppose you’re starting on year 12 this year , so I would recommend only the AS revision guide , in case you want to drop the subject, which will be a waste of money if u buy the full version of it

If you're looking at getting a headstart I'd recommend issac physics. The questions are tough but the lower levels will get you to where you need to be and don't let it scare you. You'll be able to do more by the time you've finished your A levels.

It gets you used to things like sig figs which you'll need at A level as well. They also have some maths stuff but the physics stuff will probably help you more
Reply 9
I suppose you’re starting on year 12 this year , so I would recommend only the AS revision guide , in case you want to drop the subject, which will be a waste of money if u buy the full version of it

can you link only the AS revision guide as I cant find it

Quick Reply

Latest