The Student Room Group

Gcse revision; starting in year 10?

Hey I’ve just finished year 9, going into year 10 soon :frown: I’ve chosen my subjects, history,German,pe, business studies and the core ( maths, English and science) I have bought ring binders for each subject For my revsion so I can do my notes as I go along, instead of having to do all that around my mocks/gcses. I struggle with maths, I’m doing edexcel higher and I also do AQA combined higher science which I started those courses in y9. I don’t really know where to start with revision? Should I write up the notes from this year or prepare for my new subjects like PE?
Original post by Millyyy03
Hey I’ve just finished year 9, going into year 10 soon :frown: I’ve chosen my subjects, history,German,pe, business studies and the core ( maths, English and science) I have bought ring binders for each subject For my revsion so I can do my notes as I go along, instead of having to do all that around my mocks/gcses. I struggle with maths, I’m doing edexcel higher and I also do AQA combined higher science which I started those courses in y9. I don’t really know where to start with revision? Should I write up the notes from this year or prepare for my new subjects like PE?

not worth it. ENjoy Year 10 and revise in the summer next year

Im in the same year as you , going Into year 10. If I was you I would gradually throughout the year write the notes up as it will help you revise better and it will stick in your head. Obviously still study on pe and other subjects but just make sure that your maths and science notes are as simple as possible and wrote up cleanly so that you can go back to them and have them already sorted for your GCSE’s
Reply 3
Original post by Molly jane
Im in the same year as you , going Into year 10. If I was you I would gradually throughout the year write the notes up as it will help you revise better and it will stick in your head. Obviously still study on pe and other subjects but just make sure that your maths and science notes are as simple as possible and wrote up cleanly so that you can go back to them and have them already sorted for your GCSE’s

Hi Molly thanks for the advice, what’s your revsion plan for next year and what subjects are you taking? X
Hi Molly thanks for the advice, what’s your revsion plan for next year and what subjects are you taking? X

So my subjects are ict, art , history and the core subjects however I’m going to change from ict to music because I absolutely hate ict. My revision plan is literally revision notes that have been made throughout exams this whole year. If you need help on revision just pm me x
In July start revising if you want 7/8/9s. I started in July - and have been preparing since as Im in Y11 when I go back to school. It takes a while to get the hang of your revision technique - how you revise. Trust me you have a lot to learn. Definitely dont stress about exams at all in Y10, just know next year will be hard and you will have to revise *a lot*.
Hi. I know I’m writing this a little late but I’m in Year 11 now and it’s great that you have chosen to start revising in Year 10 but I would highly recommend enjoying what you have left of Year 10 and revising in the summer or even the Christmas holidays depending on when your mocks are. Year 11 can get stressful with revision and exams etc so Year 10 is really the last year that you don’t have to stress so enjoy it while it lasts. Good luck in Year 11 though! Just remember GCSEs are not the end of the world. If you do well then great. If you don’t do as well as expected then that’s fine too.

Quick Reply

Latest