The Student Room Group

Gcse panic

Hi,

I recently started yr11, and I've realised that because I didn't pay attention in yr10 that much, I don't actually know a lot of the content. This is making me quite nervous and I'd like to ask if I started revision now (October 2023), whether that would be enough to go over content a few times and really secure the content in my mind? Thanks for any advice.
Original post by WWW4223
Hi,

I recently started yr11, and I've realised that because I didn't pay attention in yr10 that much, I don't actually know a lot of the content. This is making me quite nervous and I'd like to ask if I started revision now (October 2023), whether that would be enough to go over content a few times and really secure the content in my mind? Thanks for any advice.

No one remembers what they revise in September-november....I started properly revising in January, P.S I NEVER listened in year 10 and was very stressed about it thinking it was too late, but It turned out fine and I'm actually happy I didn't start too early as I defo would have forgotten everything come summer. Don't be stressed about GCSE's they're actually very fun and exam period was the best time for me. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by WWW4223
Hi,

You should definitely be fine, i doubt a single student thats sat their GCSEs has remembered coursework from Year 10!! I would definitely make sure to secure the content but i did not start my revision until the beginning of May (do not do what i did) and managed to pass mine :smile:
Original post by WWW4223
Hi,

Get revising right away and do your best. Don't let exam pressure get to you either, exams are about you and nobody else, not your teachers nor your family. Try to maintain control of the situation and don't let the fear of failure stop you from doing what you want to do-exams are NOT a be all end all.
Reply 4
Original post by WWW4223
Hi,

Go over the content you don’t know/understand from a revision guide or some other summary source, and make sure you understand it. Do that before Christmas, but don’t start fully revising for GCSEs now as you won’t remember it by the time the exams come. Start revising full in January and that’ll give you enough time before the exams so you don’t have to cram.

Quick Reply

Latest